Thread: Kitten season is here! *MORE pics post 18*

Hybrid View

I foster through the local Humane society so I don't generally get the backstory on the kittens. These were from a litter of six...they were going to split the kittens 3-3 into two foster homes, but they would up splitting htem 4-2 because when these guys opened their eyes yesterday my two had some green goop in their eyes. So I get fewer kittens to feed but in exchange I have to medicate their eyes (which already look better!). Works for me!

The black kitten (Pretty sure that one is a boy) is a L O V E! He starts to purr the instant a human hand touches him! The tabby (pretty sure that one's a girl) purrs a lot too, but he's REALLY into human contact! I'm thinking Jellybean for the black kitten, still pondering a name for miss tabbycat.

Names! The back kitten (boy?) is Jellybean, and the little tabby(girl?) is Rocket! So named because when I set her down she blasts off on her wobbly little legs, checking out everything!

Even two week old kittens can get themselves into trouble. I was opening the tube of eye meds and I looked away from Jellybean for a few seconds and SPLAT! He stuck his head into the mug of warm water I use to heat their bottle. Scared the heck out of both of us, and I'm hoping he didn't aspirate any water.

Rocket likes to suck on fingers, which is REALLY cute right now but will be not so cute in a few days....I can feel little tooth buds coming in!

She also gets frustrated trying to latch on, and swipes at the bottle with her little feet. Once she's latched on she eats like CRAZY!

Jellybean already has "hard to photograph black cat" syndrome. :/ He's GORGEOUS though, his fur is so thick and shiny! He's going to be one handsome house-panther!

As you can see, his eyes look darn good! Rocket's are still a little gunky so I'm going to continue to medicate them until they've both had normal looking eyes for several days.

Letting both of them run around is a project. They move fast for critters who are just learning about this walking thing...

My favorite shot of Bean, with his little tongue poking out!!

These two

Ohhhhhhhh!!!! How SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

OHMYGOSH! ...At least put a cuteness overload warning in the title! :'3
    They are so extremely heart-meltingly adorable!!!

They remind me of my friend's kitten. She's a bit older than these two though He started walking/crawling some time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    They remind me of my friend's kitten. She's a bit older than these two though He started walking/crawling some time ago!
    Hehehe, these guys are a little unsteady but they can certainly get moving! They're probably about two weeks old, maybe a little younger.

Aaaaawwwwww!!!!! Kisses to these two adorable little ones. I think it is a good sign that they are so fast

I must say, there's nothing like bottle babies to make a person excited about poop. >.< Jellybean hadn't had a bowel movement since I picked them up, and I was thinking that if he hadn't had one by tonight he might need an enema. Thankfully, he surprised me with a poop right around the time I had given up and was deciding when to call the vet!

Or I'm loopy from sleep deprivation and finding everything amusing!