Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitten season is here! *MORE pics post 18*

Kitten season is here! *MORE pics post 18*

As cute as that sounds to the uninitiated, I'm sure all of us PTers know that kitten season is actually fraught with heartbreak, overwhelm, panic, and too many kittens!

I just got my first batch today! I lucked out this time and only got two! No names yet, as I'm only 90% sure of their genders. I'll have my sis in law double-check me tomorrow.

These two just opened their eyes today, shortly before I picked them up! The pics aren't very clear because the room they're staying in is pretty dark and they are WIGGLY LITTLE BEASTIES! I'm sure I'll have some better ones soon.

This little one is going to have cute white socks!
    Last edited by snakemama; 04-26-2014 at 11:20 PM.

They are adorable. I wish I could have some kittens, but unfortunately I don't have time to take care of them. I am quite happy with my two grownup girls.

So sweet! I was at my local shelter today and witnesses 3 wee ones being adopted. Yes, kittehs are here to stay, for now!

Hey Cathy, is there any update at all on Annie and Emma?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Slick, I know you saw this on FB but I will share here too in case any non-FB PTers see it. I got a CUTE video of Emma batting at digital fish on her new person's iPad. It's soooooo cute! The video is on her person's FB page and set to private so I don't think I can share it along, but it made me grin!

I LOVE fostering season...it's like....I get the kittens during the cutest part of their life (In my opinion, hehe) and as soon as they are eating on their own and starting to get into everything and make a gigantic mess, they move along to the next foster home and I get more of the cutest little teenies!

Aaaww these babies are adorable- and I wish them all the luck in the world which they will need as they are still so tiny. Do you know what happened to their mom?
    Looking at them makes me happy and sad at the same time.

I foster through the local Humane society so I don't generally get the backstory on the kittens. These were from a litter of six...they were going to split the kittens 3-3 into two foster homes, but they would up splitting htem 4-2 because when these guys opened their eyes yesterday my two had some green goop in their eyes. So I get fewer kittens to feed but in exchange I have to medicate their eyes (which already look better!). Works for me!

The black kitten (Pretty sure that one is a boy) is a L O V E! He starts to purr the instant a human hand touches him! The tabby (pretty sure that one's a girl) purrs a lot too, but he's REALLY into human contact! I'm thinking Jellybean for the black kitten, still pondering a name for miss tabbycat.

Names! The back kitten (boy?) is Jellybean, and the little tabby(girl?) is Rocket! So named because when I set her down she blasts off on her wobbly little legs, checking out everything!

Even two week old kittens can get themselves into trouble. I was opening the tube of eye meds and I looked away from Jellybean for a few seconds and SPLAT! He stuck his head into the mug of warm water I use to heat their bottle. Scared the heck out of both of us, and I'm hoping he didn't aspirate any water.

Rocket likes to suck on fingers, which is REALLY cute right now but will be not so cute in a few days....I can feel little tooth buds coming in!

She also gets frustrated trying to latch on, and swipes at the bottle with her little feet. Once she's latched on she eats like CRAZY!

Jellybean already has "hard to photograph black cat" syndrome. :/ He's GORGEOUS though, his fur is so thick and shiny! He's going to be one handsome house-panther!

As you can see, his eyes look darn good! Rocket's are still a little gunky so I'm going to continue to medicate them until they've both had normal looking eyes for several days.

Letting both of them run around is a project. They move fast for critters who are just learning about this walking thing...

My favorite shot of Bean, with his little tongue poking out!!

These two

Ohhhhhhhh!!!! How SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

OHMYGOSH! ...At least put a cuteness overload warning in the title! :'3
    They are so extremely heart-meltingly adorable!!!

They remind me of my friend's kitten. She's a bit older than these two though He started walking/crawling some time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by sana View Post
    They remind me of my friend's kitten. She's a bit older than these two though He started walking/crawling some time ago!
    Hehehe, these guys are a little unsteady but they can certainly get moving! They're probably about two weeks old, maybe a little younger.

Aaaaawwwwww!!!!! Kisses to these two adorable little ones. I think it is a good sign that they are so fast

I must say, there's nothing like bottle babies to make a person excited about poop. >.< Jellybean hadn't had a bowel movement since I picked them up, and I was thinking that if he hadn't had one by tonight he might need an enema. Thankfully, he surprised me with a poop right around the time I had given up and was deciding when to call the vet!

Or I'm loopy from sleep deprivation and finding everything amusing!

Rocket and Jellybean (who are both girls, whoops!!) are now oficially at my favorite stage in kitten development. They sleep through the night (I've still been getting up once at night to feed them since Rocket felt a wee bit thin to me, but I'll probably stop that after tonight), they are steady but slow on their legs, their eyes are starting to focus, and they fall asleep at the drop of a hat! They are definitely robust little kitties, but not yet at the messy 'learning to eat by walking in their food' stage, or the even messier 'learning about litterbox etiquette by trial and error' stage!

I was going to turn Jeallybean around to get a shot of her face, but if she's awake she is making noise and it's midnight here so I didn't want to wake anyone. I'm pouting now because Rocket will fall asleep on my lap but Jellybean won't, and Jelly cries for her sister if they're separated....so no lap time for me tonight!!

Awww, tiny kittens, you are so sweet! Sending you a very gentle petting !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We love Little Kittens and are sending you all the love in the World. Thank God that you are out of danger now!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS