Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been a LONG TIME

Been a LONG TIME

I Don't get onto forums too much anymore, But I used to be frequent on here. Ooops. I am sure most, if not all that are on here don't know me.. except Kfmar. *Kay*

But, I live in Florida, and am married to a amazing man. We just hit 7 yrs married in Jan.
    We are owned by 2 pit bulls and 2 bearded dragons.
    The 2 dogs in my signature are no longer with us. Lost Tyson in 2011. And lost Jade Fathers day last year. Falise we lost Sept 2012.

When we lost Falise, we were fostering a dog named Madora (Maddy). Which.. My husband took to..and she took to him. We ended up keeping her. She and Jade got along really well, and Maddy is lazy and does not much of anything lol
    Maddy was Heartworm positive, so we had to go through the 6mo for her to be neg.. and in the process she was actually adopted out for a week. With the knowledge of what comes with dog on down time for Heart worm injections. And after a week said they didnt want to continue to do it with her.. as all she read with heart worm treatment, she didnt want to do. blah blah. But said she was having a allergic reaction to the pollen in the trees outside. And has some bumps on her. Ok, that is fine, nothing benedryl and a good bath wont fix. Well, to my surprise.. when she got out of there car.. she had 3rd degree burns down her back. Pussy gross wounds. We were in absolute shock. This is not how we gave them her. She was Emaciated when we originally got her with hair loss. We had her nice and plump with a nice coat of hair. So, I was in tears. We treated her with tons of antibiotics and such, and finally got her better. But.. after the HW treatment and this.. we just couldn't trust letting her go to anyone else..and have kept her. She is Dumb.. loud..and lazy. LOVES kids, great with all dogs... cats... everything.

This is a more recent photo of her.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3466_edited.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	57994

This is her when she came back to us *less gruesome photo* She is Incredibly swollen.. and very sick.

Name:	IMG_4049.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	889.1 KB 
ID:	57995

This was the first day we got her, she had literally just walked in our door from transport. lol

Name:	IMG_3894.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	887.8 KB 
ID:	57996

Well once we lost Jade.. I was a complete and utter mess. She was my soul mate, and was meant for me. She was perfect in every sense of the word. She was my service dog.. and my companion. She was 9yrs old. Had severe double hip dyspepsia.. a bad knee, and got cancer in her Anus. She was allergic to life, and was on all kinds of special food. But, I would do it all over again to have her back.
    She was AMAZING.
    These photos were taken a cpl days before we said good bye to her.

Name:	MeAndJade4.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	57997

Name:	MeJade4.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	57998

More after this!

Aww, welcome back. And welcome, Maddy! You are a beauty now that you are loved and healthy!
    I've Been Frosted

This photo was from her "See you soon party" Kay Painted that photo for us..

Name:	IMG_2606.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	57999

Well cpl months later... I fell in love with this 6 week old puppy. She was super sick.. but her eyes spoke to me. I told the rescue founder... I would take her once she was able to be cleared from vet to come home. I have NEVER had a puppy.... ever... LOL So, This has been a learning experience.. that is for sure! Her birthday is actually 3 days before Jade left us.

This was first week home with us..

Name:	IMG_3378.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	58000

How do you not fall in love with her?

She was a amazing puppy till...about 5mo then she became a lil heathen! haha
    She went through puppy class, got her CGC Star cert. (Don't mind that she has shirts on in most of her young pictures. She too... has massive allergies so we couldn't let her lay on grass and such without a shirt. She would scratch the crap out of herself)

Name:	EmmyPuppyStar.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	58001

She then went through "Trick Class" at 4mo old. That was fun! She learned LOTS of cool tricks, that almost all.. she still can do! YAY!

Name:	IMG_3672_edited.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	58002

She then went through Basic class and passed wonderfully!Little turd was about 7mo old when we started.

She and one of our Bearded dragons are BFF's Lol!

Name:	EmmyAndSi2_2-26-14.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	58003

More next... LMAO!

Well, Her name is "Emerald" but we call her "Emmy" She will be 10mo old tomorrow! She is 60lbs, and just.. a huge.. crazy hyper active girl! We need to invest in a treadmill lol

This is her "Leave it" with a circle of treats in front of her

Name:	EmmyLeaveIt12-15-13.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	58004

Her with some of her friends after the Christmas parade we walked in

Name:	SantaFestTampa2013.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	58005

Name:	1-3-14.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	58006

And this is her last weekend at "Advanced Class" Working on her Sit Stays

Name:	EmmyAdvancedClass4-5-14.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	460.5 KB 
ID:	58007

Sorry for the explosion of photos and such, But wanted to share them all and help re-introduce myself.

Hope all are doing well, and enjoyed our story

Thank you Karen!

Love that one of your Bearded Dragons and Maddy are best friends! Those are such fun photos!
    I've Been Frosted

I know you! Good to see you posting and good to see your pups!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

hehehe Yea, Emmy loves the Dragon *Emmy and Maddy do look alike*

And yes, I am sure I know some of you on here..Maybe on Facebook?? If you want to touch base there, PM me..and I will get ya on there as I do admit, I am better updating there lmao!

I love my kiddos.... Emmy... Most days!

Welcome back! I remember you from here and another forum I believe. I am so sorry to hear about all your losses but love your current gorgeous pups as well as the Beardie.

Thanks! And Yes, I was / Am part of several forums. I just don't have much time to get on them as I used to. I frequent Facebook more haha

Hi there stranger, I certainly remember you. So very sorry for your losses .

The "new kids" are lovely.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I am glad Someone remembers me! hahaha So many new people and new pets! It is hard to keep up!

We took Emmy out to do a Lure course today. She LOVED IT! Excited to do more of it.

She has done the "Dog Fun Zone" 3x which is a obstacle course with a Lure course also She did that the first time at 4 mo old and has been HOOKED since!

Today was just a straight Lure Course. She has done it now 2x. And each time gets better! Her fastest speed was just over 11 sec!!

Name:	8.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	58068

Name:	14.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	58069

Name:	Emmy3.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	647.3 KB 
ID:	58070

Name:	Emmy5.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	495.0 KB 
ID:	58071

Name:	Emmy4.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	678.4 KB 
ID:	58072

I am going to upload her videos if I Can... to you tube. lol And then I can share those with you. I love watching them!

This was her first run when she was 4mo old

This was her 2nd run

This was her 3rd Run

Todays video in next post

Here is the video from today's run.

Hope all enjoyed lol!

Welcome back!

Mady and Emmy do look like twin sisters in their pictures. Thanks for sharing, I loved the lure video. :-)
    Keep in touch and keep sharing pics and videos!