Thread: Glen Campbell Moved Into Care Facility, Unable to Attend His Documentary Debut

Hybrid View

Glen Campbell Moved Into Care Facility, Unable to Attend His Documentary Debut

https://ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/our...195021216.html

In this photo taken Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012, singer Glen Campbell performs during his Goodbye Tour in Little Rock, …
    The premiere of Glen Campbell's farewell concert documentary at the Nashville Film Festival on Friday will be a bittersweet affair. The 77-year-old country crooner will not be able to attend the screening because he was recently moved into an Alzheimer's care facility.
    The film, "Glen Campbell… I'll Be Me," chronicles the emotional twists and turns of the country singer's diagnosis with Alzheimer's disease two years ago, when he was told by doctors to hang up his guitar. Instead, he and his wife, Kim, publicly announced the diagnosis and embarked on the highly successful Goodbye Tour, which saw Campbell and his family band playing sold-out shows across the country.
    During his concerts, the multiple-Grammy-winning performer would occasionally forget the words to his songs or lose his place, but his band would gently remind him. Campbell handled things with grace and humor, joking with the audience, "I forget a lot lately, y'all ever get that?"
    In addition to touring, the highly prolific "Rhinestone Cowboy" singer released two albums in the past two years while dealing with the disease — "Ghost on the Canvas" and "See You There."
    Now, as the disease progresses, Campbell's family has made the decision to place him under monitored care. "He was moved to an Alzhemier's facility last week," a family friend told People. "I'm not sure what the permanent plan is for him yet. We'll know more next week."
    Campbell's legacy include the hits "Galveston," "By the Time I Get to Phoenix," and "Wichita Lineman"— stark reminders of why he's been able to so successfully cross over between the pop and country charts during the span of his impressive 50-year career.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That's sad to hear. I always loved him! I have all of his albums from his early days in the 60's, and always watched him on t.v. when he had his own show. Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease...............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm so sorry to hear this. Glen Campbell has always been a favorite of mine.

My dad had Alzheimer's and so did my aunt who just passed in February. I sure wish they could cure that awful disease.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    Years ago Glen Campbell was in Branson, Missouri & put on a great show with his band. What a talented performer he is.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom