Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duck & ducklings in our pond!

Yeah..... it is really cruel... !!

The mum duck will make a new nest now. Let's hope she will have more luck then!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh, I'm so sorry.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Maybe momma duck will find another pond without cats around to hassle her and her babies. I hope she does.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Maybe momma duck will find another pond without cats around to hassle her and her babies. I hope she does.

I hope so too, but in fact I am almost sure that she will use the very same nest....! Wild ducks "remember" the location where they were born.
    That's why we get more and more ducks who try to make a nest in our garden! All the ones who hatched and grew up at our place, return the next year to make a nest too!!
    From the moment that they return in spring, we have ducks in our pond all the time; we always go outside then to chase them away. But as the bushes have leaves now, it is easier for them to make a nest without us knowing they are there....!
    Don't take us wrong, we have nothing against ducks or any other animal. But the negative thing with "ducks with ducklings", is that they drop lots of "poop" in the pond, which ruins the quality of the water completely; last time we had a nest, the pond got in such bad state, that we had tremendous trouble to bring it back to normal!! We even had to renew the water almost completely !
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I was so sad when I read that all the ducklings were gone---the pictures were just so lovely, I thought you would have company in your pond for most of the summer.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----