Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Derby Catmobile Fun

Kentucky Derby Catmobile Fun

Dear PT Kitty Friends ... Cassie would like to know if the Catmobile and its guests are planning to go to the Kentucky Derby this year! It is on May 3 and 4 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. There are also other interesting things to do there. She would like to see the horses (of course!) and nibble on some cat-mint. And try on hats!

So, if the Catmobile is going, Cassie would like to join in.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Of course it's a tradition! Catmobile is all reserved. Contact me for reservations.

Purrs, Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm sad because I don't have an excited kitty who wants to join the fun. I'll be watching this thread though!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hey, you guys! Edward - the kitty who owns Pet Talker Richard LIVES in Kentucky - you might want to check with him as to particularly good Kentucky fun spots!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes , we all love pomp , ceremony , the horses and Southern Cooking.
    We are so there!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My boys, as usual, will be there. Will Kimba be needing his bagpipes? Mac will be bringing his glove, bat, and ball in case Frankie wants to get in a little practice.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Oh, yes, Kimba should definitely bring the pipes. Bob and Elmer have been practicing "My Old Kentucky Home" on theirs.
    Last edited by phesina; 04-16-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Snoopy is not into hourses, so I will keep her here at home.
    Maya, Inka & Zazou, are very excited to come!
    Inka is already waiting at our front door; I think she cannot wait to see her new boyfriend in real for the fist time!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    My boys, as usual, will be there. Will Kimba be needing his bagpipes? Mac will be bringing his glove, bat, and ball in case Frankie wants to get in a little practice.
    My gang are raring to go as it were. Frankie never leaves home without his baseball gear so would love to play with Mac and any other kitty who wants to join in.

The girls can't wait to shop for the big hats that are a 'must' on Derby Day!!!

They are looking forward to meeting the new horses that will be there this year.

The best part will be catching up with all their friends and meeting new ones.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Princess and Franklin are rarin' to go! Chelsea can't wait to go shopping with the girls and of course Franklin will bring bagpipes and ball gear. He has been working on "My Old Kentucky Home" ...a lot.....my neighbors are not amused....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

The Edster would love to host a Catmobile full of kitties for the Derby.

I do not have my computer at the moment, but Ed would love to give you some tips and 'flavor' of the stuff needed to have a good time!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Hey everyone,

Ed and Tucker are ready to give some guided tours around the city and race track.

Mint juleps are the drink of the Derby and hopefully this irritating weather will be over and done with before saturday and the "big race".

I think a stop for a Hot Brown sandwich should be th first stop on the tour!!!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Luke and Leia, and brother Harley too, would just love this, but I think maybe they are a wee bit young for gallivanting yet. They just turned 5 months old. Besides, Princess Leia has an appointment on Friday that she isn't even aware of - out come the grown up kitty parts. She's gonna hate me for sure, and Luke and Harley will need to be here to comfort her hurt feelings - and belly! Maybe they can make some future trip.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Louisville is the home of the Louisville Slugger baseball bat company, we also have a minor league team affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds. Slugger Field is a beautiful baseball park here in town.

Tonight is the Steamboat Race and tomorrow is the Pegasus Parade! They will also pick the starting spots for the Derby tonight at 5 p.m.

There is tons to do here leading up to the Race!!!!

I think we'll have to squeeze in a trip to go hat shopping too!

----------

One thing about the derby is that it's not just one race on Saturday. The Oaks Races are held on Friday night and there are something like 13 races on Saturday.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Inka is already waiting at our front door; I think she cannot wait to see her new boyfriend in real for the fist time!!!
    Hi fellow kitties,
    If it's not too late, I'd love to join all of you for the trip. I never met a real horsie before and it sounds like fun. My fiddle is being polished up and tuned to purrfection, my lessons are going very well. Right now I'm learning to play "Run For the Roses" by Dan Fogelberg, a quite pretty song about horsies. What do I need to bring along with my fiddle and baseball stuff? If I'll need sunglasses please let me know so I can tell Meowmie to get me some at the mall.

Oh Inka, I'm soooo happy to know that you're coming too. I can't wait to meet you in purrson and I hope we'll have some down time so we can get to know each other.

I really hope it's not too late to join all of you. We all had so much fun on my first Catmobile trip and I can't wait to do it again. Hope to see all of you soon.

Your bud,
    Amigo
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE