Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Derby Catmobile Fun

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    What is a Hot Brown? GOOD!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Brown
    I read about the Hot Brown on the link, Richard. I'd love to try one...or two. Do they deliver to Trenton? Maybe Amigo will bring a few home, I'll text him and ask since he apparently has my credit card which gives him no excuse to deny his Meowmie such a big treat.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Hi fellow purrents,
    Just wondering - has anyone heard from their Catmobile adventurer? Our calls to Amigo go straight to his voice mail. The Catmobile does have a history of taking side trips, it's part of the tradition. Does anyone know where they are?

Not a clue. All I've gotten is a smiley face. Maybe they're headed to Pimlico for the Preakness? Mac and Kimba are so proud of California Chrome representing our state so wonderfully! Perhaps they followed him to Baltimore.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

All I get are the bills at the end of the month....lol
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Hmmmm... The Preakness is this Saturday... I am sure Cassie would like to see more horsies. Then Victoria Day is on May 19 and I am sure she would like to go up to Catada for that.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My gang are all in for both occasions... bagpipes and dancing shoes all packed.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We got a text from Amigo this morning.

"Hi family, we're having way too much fun and doing all kinds of neat things. Sparkler taught the horsies how to do the Alley Cat dance and a few of us kitties learned it too. Our band is very much in demand, I played Run for the Roses with a back-up by the bagpipers. It sounded great and everyone liked it a lot. Inka is soo nice and today we're going to have lunch together, we had dinner together last night. Pinot and Cassie are talking to the Catmobile driver now about something but nobody knows what they're talking about. Frankie just organized another baseball game so I have to go play center field.

Purrs,
    Amigo"

Inka just let me know not to worry about her being away for such a long time; she also said she would take "good care" of my credit card, and also that she needed that card to get some "girlie stuff"...... ! Whatever that may be???
    She signed her message by "AmigoInka......!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Inka just let me know not to worry about her being away for such a long time; she also said she would take "good care" of my credit card, and also that she needed that card to get some "girlie stuff"...... ! Whatever that may be???
    She signed her message by "AmigoInka......!
    When the Catmobile is around, it seems there's no hiding our credit cards. Amigo let it slip that he learned how to get mine from a few of the other kitties on his first Catmobile trip. Amigo did mention that he and Inka got "his and hers" matching sunglasses. As for the use of my credit card, Amigo said he'll pay me back as soon as he graduates from kitty law school.

Amigo did say they don't know when they'll be heading home since a new stop has been added. The travelers plan to stop by the ASPCA Hospital to visit King. He's the poor kitty that was brutally kicked 20' by a bad human who thought it was funny. Our crew will share their treats with King and they got him some new toys. They also want to let him know that he doesn't have to be afraid and soon he'll have a furever home where he'll be loved, safe, and very well cared for.

What a beautiful thing for the Catmobile kitties to do! My four are looking forward so much to visiting King. They plan to put on a special performance for him, and the other kitties and doggies and other animals on the ward. They will even teach him how to join in, if he feels up to it!

I haven't seen a single credit card of mine since they left. I wonder if they know what happened to all the cards.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That is a very nice stop to make! Good for you, Amigo and Inka for thinking of it! Thank you so much!

Hmmm, I saw a text on some-kitty's phone "Things to bring to Indy 500 ... hat, shades, binoculars" Does the Catmobile have plans this weekend that I don't yet know about?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so sorry I haven't checked in - so many events! Of course we went to the Preakness, tradition you know! Mom put out a big spread for us in my private quarters, arranged for the Catmobile to be detailed while we stayed here and we had so many parties! The 'Chrome' (our special name for the special horsie) showed us all around the Pimlico track, we had sunrise breakfast the day of the race as usual, and what a day! The bagpipes played the infield - it was wonderful.

We have a zoomie treat planned for this weekend, then we'll go for Belmont, and we should be home after that. Love to all!

Purrs, Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Soncat got a text from Amigo this morning. He said King was very surprised and thrilled to see them. All the patients loved the music, dancing, and the party. Cassie and Pinot asked if King could join them going to the races but his vet said King isn't well enough to travel yet. Well, the lady kitties went shopping and came back with designer sunglasses then made King an honorary Catmobiler. As soon as he's well enough, King will go on a Catmobile trip with his new friends. Before they continued on their trip, a special prayer was said for King and all the animals in the hospital will find themselves in PT homes.

Well, kitties, the Belmont is this weekend - we're in the home stretch! It's been a great trip - write what your favorite part of the trip was while we wait to cheer on our favorite horsie!

Purrs, Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

My two said their favorite part of this trip, outside of hangin' with the gang, was waving our state flag as Chrome zomed past them in the stretch of the Preakness. We are all so proud of that horse in our state. He represents us very well.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!