Thread: Dogs and Mud!

Dogs and Mud!

As many of you know, we tend to have 5 seasons in New England - much of the country has Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, whereas we have Winter, Mud season, Spring, Summer and Fall - and that got me wondering.

How does you dog feel about mud? The more the better, good to roll in, an anathema to be avoided at all costs, or is your dog completely oblivious, and does not even understand muddy paws are not welcome on laps?
    I've Been Frosted

I remember when Lolli was just a pup, she got into the garden one day during 'mud-season'. She was almost unrecognizable! And she was oh, so happy! She is still silliest when she is wet and muddy, but she no longer deliberately rolls in it.
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought immediately of this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vGLzxbB5xU

Now that's a mud-loving girl! I cannot even tell what color she was underneath the mud!
    I've Been Frosted

Mine will make the biggest detour to avoid mud or dirty water...hates getting dirty paws. I really appreciate it, saves a lot ot towels and energy.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought immediately of this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vGLzxbB5xU
    I am sorry I think I would have to kill that dog LOL (just kidding!)

and Mikey doesn't really mind the mud, but he won't roll in it. He walks right through it though, but he likes cooling off in the water when hiking so the mud tends to go away by the end of the walk.

There are only two seasons I like. Dry and frozen. I wish I had known you were posting this Karen, I would have got a pic of Jake before we came in and hit the tub this evening. I'm sure I'll get another chance.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    There are only two seasons I like. Dry and frozen. I wish I had known you were posting this Karen, I would have got a pic of Jake before we came in and hit the tub this evening. I'm sure I'll get another chance.
    Ayup - mud season is always more than a day long!
    I've Been Frosted

Thought of this again today, the yard out back is very thinly veiled mud - I have to step VERY carefully when putting out the birdseed!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    All three dogs on Walkies head for the mud. Then when they are good & wet full of mud, they come over & shake it all over me. It is look, we want to share our mud bath with you. When we get home everyone lines up for a doggie wash down at the hydrant & then they shake water all over the place in the process.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Sunny and warm today. At least the mud was warm!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla