Thread: Daily Cute: This Baby Bat is a Survivor

Daily Cute: This Baby Bat is a Survivor

I've seen another video on orphaned bats. They really are too stinkin' cute!

Lil’ Drac is a baby short-tailed fruit bat who was abandoned after his mother endured a traumatic zoo transfer. Luckily, sanctuary volunteers took charge of his care. Witness what love and dedication can accomplish as Lil’ Drac makes his recovery and starts to grow up.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/daily-cu...#ixzz2ygoDiaY3
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks for posting this.

Blog Entries
    Lil Drac is lucky to be saved & cared for. Thank you for sharing.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Ever since I read Kenneth Oppel's "Silverwing" series I have liked bats. They tend to get a bad rap, except in Austin TX, where watching the bats fly out from under some bridge each night is mega tourist attraction. Congrats on Li'l Drac's rescuers!

Blog Entries
    Bats are amazing.

I have one that lives outside in the board siding of our sun room. It has been there for at least a good four years. It swoops down & out just before dark. I think it had a friend last year too, because I saw two swooping down & out.

I found two in town last year & wasn't sure if they were alive. A young boy on a bicycle stopped off & the little brown bat was still alive but its friend was dead. I scooped it up on a piece of card board & put it in my trunk & took it home & released it. It flew up onto our over hang & was there all day until just before dark. It would not of had a chance in town with the traffic & I think someone that owns a store front opened up the awning & things went down hill for the two bats after that.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Big aaaww- how cute!