So sorry to be such a pain but going from an xp os to 8.1 is like taking a kindergartener and putting her in college. I feel as dumb as one anyway.

Please tell me how to close windows that have no x in the corner. I saw a video that said put your pointed to the top until it tuned to a hand and drag the screen down to the bottom until blue screen shows up. The click the blue space. when I turn loose of the screen though it pops back and no blue screen.

Also, my computer came with Norton anti virus. I did not install it but put AVG on. It's what I have on this computer. It keeps finding the following: threat - hidden driver c:/program files (x86) infected
ususally there are two of them.

AVG gets rid of the threats but they show up again at the end of the next day. Any suggestions?
Could it be picking up the Norton files and thinking they are infected? or some app I have never been able to close?

Everyone in a while when I turn that computer off, it will say it can't close because a certain app needs to close. It shows a picture of it but I have not clue as to what it is. Then the computer shuts down anyway before I can tell it not to.

Can any one help me?

I am doing a full system scan every night now before I turn that computer off.

I'm thinking of just boxing it back up and returning it to Walmart but don't know how to get my personal stuff off plus would have to call the cable co to hook up a different one.