Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer questions

Somewhere in Internet Options for IE or settings for Chrome, there is a checkbox. It asks if you want to use the address bar as a search bar. Or it did.

I found this for you.

Internet Options>Advanced tab, Under BROWSING, check "Go to an intranet site for a single word entry in the address bar"
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Moff, take a look at this page, if you can get to it! I'll copy most of the text below:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/02...rnet-explorer/

Microsoft’s Windows 8.1 addresses a lot of the issues that users have complained about on PCs for years. There are automated backup features and even the Flash plugin has been built into the operating system, allowing for users to seamlessly start their new Windows device and get going quickly.
    Unfortunately, changes in the design of Windows 8 apps sometimes prevent users from getting at information that would be available to them on the desktop quickly. A perfect example of this is Internet Explorer, which hides the address bar and any open tabs by default. The app does this so that it can surface more of the website users are browsing on their screen. Here’s how to keep the address bar and tabs bars on-screen in Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 and save yourself from looking around.

Go to the Start Screen by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard or by pressing the Windows button below your device’s display. Now press the download arrow on the left-bottom side of your screen. Touch users should place their finger at the button of the Start Screen and swipe upward.

Click or tap on Internet Explorer from the list of apps installed on your device.

Once Internet Explorer is open, place your mouse cursor in the top-right corner of your screen and click the Settings Charm at the bottom of the Charms Bar. Touchscreen users should swipe from the right edge of their screen to the left and tap on the Settings Charm.

Click or tap on Options.

In the Options menu, tap or click on the switch under Always show address bar and tabs. Now click or tap anywhere else in Internet Explorer.

You may also want to take a look at this: http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-...-searches.html

Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks Karen, mrspunkysmom, and Randi.

Step by step instruction was just what I needed. Who knew you had to get there from the start screen? That is one odd thing about windows 8.1, you can get to the IE from either the start or desktop screens but they sometimes do different things.

I love having my address bar back!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~