Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mlb 2014

Whew,
    What is in the water at Dodger Stadium?

--------

June's Playboy has an article/oral history about the Bosox. It's taken from the perspective of a handful of people - fans, writers and players. It was fun to read.

---------

In April I was able to go to an open house at Slugger Field, the home of the Red AAA farm club.

We got to walk thru the facilities and the into the dugout/clubhouse. During the tour I saw two signs in the dressing room that outlined the 'rules' about behavior in the CH, the dugout and on the field.
    Some of the rules are common sense (Don't hit a player with a bat) to the kinda funny (Don't yell at the umpires).

Anyway, I would love to have a set of them for the man cave and was wondering if anyone had any info regarding who prints them, if they are available for purchase, etc.

I tried to contact the team and didn't get an answer back, I contacted the baseball HOF and they couldn't help me - I am going to email the office of the MiLB, but in the mean time I thought I'd try to ask the fans here on PT if they had any leads or info.

Thanks!

And the Red Sox manage to win 2 in a row......

Come on, guys match the losing streak!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    And the Red Sox manage to win 2 in a row......

Come on, guys match the losing streak!
    I got a weird call last night.

A Florida Area Code?

It was a call from the Bosox dugout, They were running out of managers and wanted to know if I was available.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I got a weird call last night.

A Florida Area Code?

It was a call from the Bosox dugout, They were running out of managers and wanted to know if I was available.
    They were in Boston light night, silly! Yeah, it was entertaining seeing who they would place as manager next! I was very surprised Price was not ejected after his second hit batsman of the night.

And frankly, Mr. Price, if you are going to pick a fight with someone, it may not be smart to do with someone who is 6' 4" and 250 pounds - you may be 2 inches taller, but that does not make you a "bigger person" now, does it?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    They were in Boston light night, silly! Yeah, it was entertaining seeing who they would place as manager next! I was very surprised Price was not ejected after his second hit batsman of the night.

And frankly, Mr. Price, if you are going to pick a fight with someone, it may not be smart to do with someone who is 6' 4" and 250 pounds - you may be 2 inches taller, but that does not make you a "bigger person" now, does it?
    I was laughing too hard at the highlights to notice.....sorry.

The CoolaCoo was probably next in line anyway?

Don't tell me Fenway don't have them?

http://www.coolacoo.com/

Nope, fenway franks!

Can they make it 6 in a row?

One might get the impression that TB and the Sox don't get along or something. The next hit batsman is going to cause a brawl, and the umpires aren't helping the situation with their halfassed handling of the situation.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Why anyone ever thought this was a good idea (limit 6 beers per customer) is beyond me! One or maybe two, but any more than that and you have to expect the game will not go smoothly!
    I've Been Frosted

Rest in Peace, Gerbil.

At the risk of cursing the team (gimme a break, I'm a Red Sox fan), they're finally above .500 at home!!!!!

Okay - often when I am working at the computer when there is a Red Sox game in progress, I have had the SportsIllustrated MLB "Live" game page on my computer in the back, so I can click over and check the game progress. The other day they redesigned their page, and now it is awful - I am sure it looks fine on a smart phone, but it is nearly incomprehensible on a desktop machine, and the "Live" game updates no longer exist, one does not get the head shots for whomever is pitching and batting, and no "Ball in play, hit ..." or even balls and strikes count.

And I see nowhere on the page to complain!
    I've Been Frosted