Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teeth Cleaning

Tanner is going in for a dental tomorrow, so I understand why youa re anxiously awaiting word you can go pick him up!

How did Dylan make out yesterday?

Picked him up at dinner time and he was starving and happy to be home. We were supposed to wait another two hours and he sat in front of his bowl the entire time!! He then enjoyed his yummy wet food which he seemed to think was quite a treat - and finished it happily. Today I can tell he does not feel good - just sits and stares at me mostly. His neck is shaved across the back and he looks rather funny without his mane! The tumor they took off was totally benign The vet said it appeared to simply be a "lipoma" which she has not seen on cats very often but it was fine and is now gone. He goes back in two weeks to have the sutures removed. As far as the tooth extraction and cleaning - I have not looked in his mouth but it sure has not affected his appetite. Today he has been back to eating his preferred dry kibble. I took some pictures and will try to figure out how to post. Thank you all so much for your opinions and good wishes for my Dylan!

Dylan's neck after tumor removal

Name:  Dylan neck.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  22.4 KB

Can you mix gravy in to wet the dry food and make it softer?

I tried some warm broth over the dry food but he would not touch it. He does enjoy the stinky canned food so I will give him some daily - but he still gets into the dry kibble we keep out for the others. The vet said cats are smart about leaning to eat on the side that does not hurt and to go ahead and give him his dry food The tooth extraction has not slowed down his appetite one bit !

I am so happy Dylan's tumor was benign and that he is doing well! Give that precious kitty some loves from me!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Excellent news! Well done, Dylan!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I forgot to report on the cost - which was the main reason I started this thread. The bloodwork was $125 and the sir jury ended up being $600 since they removed the lump on his neck at the same time. So the total was $725 for everything - not too bad. I am glad I heard from others because I was feeling like I was spending an awful lot of money here. But, it is done, I know that the lump was benign and am glad it is gone PLUS Dylan has the cleanest and shiniest white teeth!!! Since the sir jury, he has been more affectionate than ever I am thinking that the one tooth that was pulled may have been hurting him because he just seems so happy!!

He went back to his crunchy food the day he came home even though I offered him some Fancy Feast - he just prefers his kibble I guess. But since I stocked up on the wet - he is getting this every so often

Thank you to everyone who replied and held my hand while I worried about my kitty

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    I forgot to report on the cost - which was the main reason I started this thread. The bloodwork was $125 and the sir jury ended up being $600 since they removed the lump on his neck at the same time. So the total was $725 for everything - not too bad. I am glad I heard from others because I was feeling like I was spending an awful lot of money here. But, it is done, I know that the lump was benign and am glad it is gone PLUS Dylan has the cleanest and shiniest white teeth!!! Since the sir jury, he has been more affectionate than ever I am thinking that the one tooth that was pulled may have been hurting him because he just seems so happy!!

He went back to his crunchy food the day he came home even though I offered him some Fancy Feast - he just prefers his kibble I guess. But since I stocked up on the wet - he is getting this every so often

Thank you to everyone who replied and held my hand while I worried about my kitty
    So glad he is feeling so much better and is more affectionate again!
    I've Been Frosted

I am glad that he is back to normal and everything worked out so well. Now you just have to teach him to brush his teeth so they stay nice and pearly white