Thread: The most destructive force known to man?

The most destructive force known to man?

I love my cat. I really do.

---------------------

Every guy needs to have a 'man cave', a place where we can go to be men? A place where only we touch the remote, where we an yell at the team we like and, well, act like men.

I have set up the man cave as a sanctuary from the everyday problems of life. It has a decent little TV, DVD player and some other creature comforts. It used to have a futon that was kinda old an lumpy, so it was upgraded to a small bed with TONS of pillows, a small end table that I built and my man-things. Posters, sports stuff and other crap.

It's also set up to keep the cat food away from the dog - The Edster has his wet and dry food station there...and his treats live there too!!!!

-------------

I sometimes go into the man cave and fall asleep - a man needs his naps - but before I nod off, I put down some treats for Ed. I'll fall asleep and wake up to either a cat on top of me, a cat has flipped over and opened up the container with his food in it or THE NOISE OF THINGS FALLING OFF THE TABLE......

The table has a small lamp on it, a cheap clock and some other odds and ends on it - a project that I work on while I watch the tube, my glasses or whatever I take out of my pockets and leave on top???

Recently I moved things around to change things up and to clean under the furniture.

The cat knows that he is in for a treat when I do go he cave. Sometimes I'll put his treats out and well, I made the mistake of leaving a package of Temptations on top a few times and guess who remembers and climbs up on top of said table to look for his treats?

When there are no treats to be found the law of gravity is followed.....to a T.

Things begin to crash to the floor followed by a 'meow', IF that doesn't work on the first time, another crash and a louder "MEOW" follows. This goes on until he cleans off the table or I wake up.

He cannot knock over the lamp, that clips on to the table but everything else is fair game! The one thing that he has not ever knocked over is a can of pop - or any other container...So I guess he really isn't THAT destructive.

But, he does give mother nature a run for her money!!!

Richard, I am in stitches reading this! Ed sure does make his needs, wants and desires KNOWN, doesn't he!

And I believe everthing you wrote (someone who never owned a cat may be incredulous).

First, let me mention my RB Sparkle, who came to live with me at age 6 months or so, and pass last October at 18 years. For whatever reason (known only to the Cat Gods,) Sparkle decided 4 AM was breakfast time. And food - even kibble - which had been out more than 4 hours was NOT edible. She would clear my night stand: clock - radio, lamp, Bible, any library books, anything else I happened to have on there. The number of bulbs that gal broke in 18 years is extreme!

But this Monday was a banner here. In the afternoon I typically settle with a large glass of ice tea to work the crossword puzzle. And Crystal routinely hops up on the end table, knocking the glass over. (You would think ONE of us would learn, after 8 years, that this was becoming a routine; we are both stubborn.) Monday, the glass dumped over the answer machine which shorted out.

Monday evening, Willy decided to clear the bed of pillows. He proceeded to do his plow imitation and shoved them all to the floor - one went over the night stand in the process. The lamp went down and smashed -- not just the bulb, the lamp itself also broke. And the clock radio went down. When I checked it, the clock worked, but not the alarm and not the radio.

So Tuesday, I had to buy 3 new items: answering machine, lamp and clock radio. People just do not realize how expensive pets are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Richard, I am in stitches reading this! Ed sure does make his needs, wants and desires KNOWN, doesn't he!

And I believe everthing you wrote (someone who never owned a cat may be incredulous).

First, let me mention my RB Sparkle, who came to live with me at age 6 months or so, and pass last October at 18 years. For whatever reason (known only to the Cat Gods,) Sparkle decided 4 AM was breakfast time. And food - even kibble - which had been out more than 4 hours was NOT edible. She would clear my night stand: clock - radio, lamp, Bible, any library books, anything else I happened to have on there. The number of bulbs that gal broke in 18 years is extreme!

But this Monday was a banner here. In the afternoon I typically settle with a large glass of ice tea to work the crossword puzzle. And Crystal routinely hops up on the end table, knocking the glass over. (You would think ONE of us would learn, after 8 years, that this was becoming a routine; we are both stubborn.) Monday, the glass dumped over the answer machine which shorted out.

Monday evening, Willy decided to clear the bed of pillows. He proceeded to do his plow imitation and shoved them all to the floor - one went over the night stand in the process. The lamp went down and smashed -- not just the bulb, the lamp itself also broke. And the clock radio went down. When I checked it, the clock worked, but not the alarm and not the radio.

So Tuesday, I had to buy 3 new items: answering machine, lamp and clock radio. People just do not realize how expensive pets are!!
    LOL,
    The only thing missing from your experiences is you saying you have a 'man cave'!

------

I am going to move the furniture back to the way it was....

The way the room is layed out now? Ed can jump over to the TV stand and walk across to the desk clear on the other side of the room. I always thought that getting older would slow him down and curb his jumping onto things......

I guess not!

Many years ago a friend of mine had this Siamese. One time they were out for what was, to her, an excessive length of time. When they got home, they saw her on the mantle, methodically pushing off objects, one by one...crash, tinkle, crunch!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

A bored kitty/pup/child is a destructive one! Just think what a fun sound those objects made as they hit the floor!

A former coworker came to work one day and pulled me aside and said, "I am such a horrible mom! I kept scolding Amy* (her little girl) for leaving her ponytail holders and barrettes all over the house, instead of putting them on the shelf by her bed we had designated for them. It has been happening for months ... and she kept saying it wasn't her fault, she had "no idea" how they ended up all over the place. Well, yesterday, before either of the kids were home, I heard a little sound from the other room - and there was Audra* the kitten, carefully knocking everything off the shelf with the swipe of a paw, and as I watched, she then jumped down, picked up one of the barrettes, and took it out of the room, heading toward the living room! I felt terrible - Amy was right, is was not her after all! She got two cupcakes in her lunchbox today!"

(*names changed, of course)
    I've Been Frosted

Joseph was like that Richard although as he was a bit awkward , it was an accident.
    As an Angel now he has his Wings , but I bet he still bumps into things.
    Terrance Jefferey can be like Ed , he runs back and forth wanting FOOOD!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS