Hot Tubs - Every once in a while I see a hot tub in some TV show - I have never understood the appeal of one, just seems terribly unsanitary, like sharing a bathtub with everyone - knowing how readily germs and bacteria breed in warm, damp places, just seems like a bad idea to me! And I have a healthy immune system! Never mind of course all the deaths staged around them on TV shows.

Escargot as food - sure if you drown anything in garlic and butter enough it'll taste good, but why snails? I like snails at the beach, think their shells are lovely when I find discarded ones, but don't feel any desire to eat them. And I am an adventurous eater - before I developed food allergies, I have eaten frogs' legs, jellyfish, caviar and all sorts of other stuff.

Fois Gras - knowing how it is produced just makes it unappetizing - never mind it is expensive, and "traditional"

Tans - either fake or real, for cosmetic's sake. I have no issue with people who get them by working outdoors, or who are born with naturally tan skin. But dark tans on some people just make me think "that poor skin" and think the person will be really wrinkled at an early age, unless they die of skin cancer! (No I am not jealous, even though I am pale and do not tan - I burn, I feel bad for them! I am jealous of people's ability to be out in the sun without worry of burning, but that's separate.)

How about you? What things do you find uninteresting that pop culture touts as desirable ... besides certain celebrities, that is!