Looks like I'll need to be getting a new computer in the near future. My old Dell works great but is 8 and a half years old. It has the old xp operating system. I can not update it any more.

I was thinking of a laptop or notebook but know nothing about them. I want a computer that will last and like having a computer mouse and key board. Touch screens would drive me bonkers I'd think because of all the fingerprints on the screen.

Can't beat the Dell tower for the durability but a laptop or notebook would be nice so I could go into the bedroom on days I don't want to get out of bed and still get on the Net. But would that incourage me to stay in bed which is not so good for me? Also, I'm not sure how secure computers using a router are. Can people hack into the routers?

Plus, I have no where to take a laptop/notebook if the battery needed replaced so am concerned about how long they would last.

Mostly I just use my computer for pictures and email and connecting to the world now. Cost is a big issue for me too.

So, please tell me what you use and do you like it and why. I know very little about the laptops/notebooks. Thanks