Thread: My Snakey guest!

Hybrid View

My Snakey guest!

My aunt and uncle have had Snakey since he was a wee little thing, around 16 years now. He's an elderly snake, and last week a strange lump popped up on his tail. This lump tuned out to be a tumor, so Snakey had surgery yesterday to remove it.

Unfortunately, getting a snake to open his mouth for antibiotics is...er...well...possibly more challenging than getting a cat to do the same! After my aunt told me about several failed attempts, I offered to babysit Snakey for the next three weeks so he can have his antibiotics.

We did his first dose tonight, and I think I'll have my hubby help me next time. I got Snakey's mouth open with a Q-tip no problem, but some of the antibiotics sloshed onto the Q-tip and he did not get a full dose. >.<

Here's Snakey! The blood-tinged spots are from where he's still oozing a little onto the paper towels, but the surgical site actually looks REALLY good. Sorry for the cell phone pics, I'll try to do better in a day or two. Right now I jsut want him to hide and relax.

(No, he's not living in that little box, that's just his carrier!)

Aww, handsome boy, hope he heals well, and everything is fine with him!
    I've Been Frosted

I hope you're better soon Snakey.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hubby helped me with antibiotics tonight and it went MUCH better! Snakey is also no longer oozing! I'll try to get a good picture of his incision in a day or two!

D'awwww!!! So cute!! I hope his recovery is swift and he takes all his medicine like a good snakey boy.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I made Snakey a new hide without rough edges today, and he seems quite happy.