My aunt and uncle have had Snakey since he was a wee little thing, around 16 years now. He's an elderly snake, and last week a strange lump popped up on his tail. This lump tuned out to be a tumor, so Snakey had surgery yesterday to remove it.

Unfortunately, getting a snake to open his mouth for antibiotics is...er...well...possibly more challenging than getting a cat to do the same! After my aunt told me about several failed attempts, I offered to babysit Snakey for the next three weeks so he can have his antibiotics.

We did his first dose tonight, and I think I'll have my hubby help me next time. I got Snakey's mouth open with a Q-tip no problem, but some of the antibiotics sloshed onto the Q-tip and he did not get a full dose. >.<

Here's Snakey! The blood-tinged spots are from where he's still oozing a little onto the paper towels, but the surgical site actually looks REALLY good. Sorry for the cell phone pics, I'll try to do better in a day or two. Right now I jsut want him to hide and relax.

(No, he's not living in that little box, that's just his carrier!)