We don't know her exact history, just that her previous hooman dumped her off at the vets for euthanization after finding out that she was hyperthyroid. Her loss was my gain, at least for 7 months. When I adopted her, I was told she was 17.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130704_102928.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	57924
This is when I first saw her in the shelter - in a cage all by herself because she hated other animals. It just didn't seem right to leave her there.
When she came home I kept her in the spare bedroom for the first few days. She would not come out of the little house on the cat tree.
For the first 3-4 months we struggled with her skin condition. Poor girl was shuffled to two different vets and finally it was determined that nothing could be done, that it was environmental. I'm still not sure about that but given her age, I was not going to consider allergy testing.

Name:	20131127_215519.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	57925
It's hard to see, but she loved her basket in front of the fireplace. This was taken last November, just before I attended Gini's memorial. During the last month or so, she decided that the same basket should become her toilet, so I faithfully lined it with puppy pee pads.

Name:	20140213_120623.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	57926
I was going to enter her into the Cat-o-lympics for Curling but sadly she refused.

Her passing was very peaceful. Being as feisty as she was I was expecting her to fight the first injection. Instead, she remained calm and wrapped up in my arms in her favourite blanket. Five minutes later she was sent on her way. Stupid me, forgot to light a candle but somehow I just know she found her way, thanks to Phred, Gini and all the other fur angels.

Oh yes, my printer is toast. Somehow, and before I covered everything up, she peed on my printer and it leaked down in to the cartridges. Big deal. I can buy another one but there will never be another Yodee.

Sweetie, I only had you for 7 months but I hope you finally felt the love and comfort that you so very much deserved. Meowmie loves you very much and I will see you when I get there some day.