Thread: Can you guess the breed of my puppy?

Can you guess the breed of my puppy?

I recently got a puppy and I'm trying to take a wild guess at the breed(s). The woman I got the puppy from said the mother is a chow mix with Coyote in the bloodline, however, she doesn't have any idea what the father is. She said she owns 2 coyotes that stay in her backyard, I don't know if she really does or just saying that there is coyote in the bloodline thinking it would attract more buyers. After spending hours researching and trying to get an idea of what the breed might be, I think it may be a Labrador Retriever/ Chow and maybe a little Shepard mixed, however, I'm not completely sure. I plan on getting a DNA test done, but as for right now I'm trying to have fun guessing and getting an idea of what the breed might be because it has been bugging me. I will post a picture of my puppy that is 9 weeks and a picture of her mother that is a Chow mix with "coyote" in her bloodline. Can y'all please put in your inputs and tell me what y'all may think it can be? Thank you very much in advance!

Also, for a side note, all of the other puppies that were in the batch had black fur around their nose as well as their neck.

I do some Lab and Shepherd in there, doesn't look at all coyote-like, but then neither does its mom. Does it have webbed toes? That's sometimes a Lab clue!
    I've Been Frosted

I don't have a guess ... I just wanted to say how cute she is! Welcome to Pet Talk!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Cute pup, but I usually doubt the claims of coyote or wolf in dog mixes. More often than not its false. Strange fact about coyotes, but males of the species actually are only fertile once a year as well as females, so that helps to make coyote-dogs even more rare. The pup looks like a heinz 57 to me, but I bet no coyote.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I see Golden Retriever and Labrador Retriever...

The great thing about mixed breeds is they tend to "transform" as they get older... certain traits won't come out until later, certain ones will disappear... it's always a fun transformation

And agreed with the others... there really are not many wolf/coyote hybrids so the chance of that being in the mix is pretty rare.

facebook

Can you guess the breed of my puppy?

Sorry, i don't guess the breed of your dog. Please anybody tell me, which breed dog is good.

Thank you

I See lab and Shepard

I have a dog like yours and I agree with Karen that is a Labrador and German Shepherd mix.

I would say a Lab/Chow (red), I had a Lab/Chow mix (black) and your dog looks like him and other Lab/Chow mixes I've seen.