Hey y'all. As you may already know, I lost my sweet pit bull Alice. I am having a really hard time. I haven't slept in my room since I found her in there.

When Alice was alive, she and Ace were BFFs, Mufasa and Kiara were BFFs. Since her passing, the boys have become best buddies, leaving Kiara out and sometimes picking on her. I have toyed with the idea of adding another female to the pack to even the dynamics out again. But that's it, just toying with the idea.

Fast forward to Saturday, I'm volunteering at an event for the exact rescue I got Alice from and there's this:

Maggie, the three month old rescued pit mix. She's one of eight! My friend Charlie and Sarah (animalhouse26) convince me to "foster" her for a couple nights."

At first, Mufasa was being his typical self, growling and being rude to her. I've kept the boys separated from the girls for the pups safety. Kiara took to her immediately.

When I brought her home from work yesterday, not a single I uncalled for growl. The only growl he gave off was in correction of her puppy antics. Last night, we all slept in bed together.

Every thing about her reminds me of Alice. Her goofball antics, her submissive nature, her smell, the way she looks at me, and just how GOOD she is. She is technically my foster and up for adoption, however, she is working me hard. Especially how much she already looks up to Kiara, how she's already won Mufasa over.

I am so torn. Part of me feels as if she is the exact addition we needed to the pack. Part of me feels like it's too soon. As much joy as she's brought me, I really just want Alice back in my arms. All I know for sure is that she's really stinking cute.