Thread: I bought a new pair of slippers today.

I bought a new pair of slippers today.

I went shopping and got a deal on some cheapo water socks/slippers...5 dollars.

My old slippers were starting to lose their sole...that and someone threw up in them this morning.

I won't mention any names *edward d katz* but it was quite a wake up call.

This happened at 4 a.m. this morning. There I was minding my own business when I awoke to the sound of a wretching cat.

Ed makes this mewling noise before he blows chunks, I think I may have heard it in my sleep, and that is my hint to get a piece of newspaper and run to get it under his mouth. No such luck his time.

I sat up and thought, "Don't step into the mess, turn on the light and find out exactly where he threw up.
    The light goes on and I look and look for the pile of puke - it will show up against the blue of the rug......
    I look again and don't see anything.

False alarm?

I swing my legs off the bed and go for my slippers and stop dead in my tracks.

There, perfectly camoflauged in the foot bed of my slipper is a pile of puke.

Aw crap.

I managed to get a paper towel and wipe it up and thought, "it's time to get a new pair...."

Now, I just have to get the cat to throw up on some of my other stuff?

He was doing you a service, it was time to get new slippers, Dad!

Selective puking - a cat specialty!
    I've Been Frosted

OMG this make gave me the laugh I so desperately needed. You are right Karen - selective puking. My RB Max was expert at that. I remember a time at 3am. She was sleeping right by my head and I awoke to hearing that gagging sound. Next thing I know projectile puke was hitting my cheek. Gotta love it....NOT!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Selective puking ... good addition for the Furminology Dictionary!

Richard, it sounds like Edster wanted you to have new slippers
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Mac is my resident puker. Always, always at 4 in the morning. Sometimes (often) on the rug and sometimes on the tile , sometimes on my son's shoes and sometimes on mine, but always at around 4 in the morning. Yes, my slippers have been puked in. also. Cats...gotta love 'em.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Ed makes a real bizarre 'mewling' sound before he lets go. I have a 10-15 second 'window of opportunity' to run and get a piece of newspaper, run to where he is and strategically position it in front of him.

If I do get lucky and get the paper down, I have to make sure he doesn't flinch or turn away from the target.

So I use one hand to scoot the paper in front and the other on his shoulder to corral him.

When I was first able to decode the noise and figure I had enough time to get the paper under him?
    I had to find out where he was!

One of the other strange things about his SP is that it is always done in 'twos'. He has a pre-yak and his real yak.

Nover one, never three. Just two.

-------------

One of Ed's other talents is to plant a pile in the dirty laundry on the floor, there is nothing more vile than to put a hand in to a wet, mushy pile of red and brown cat food?

Mac gives an "urka, urka, urka" sound for about 10 seconds before he lets loose. It's funny, Mac is the only cat I have had that pukes without actually being ill, but I know it's pretty common.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

This happened to me once, long, long ago. My husband and I took an overnight trip - just one night. Evidently, this was not acceptable to the feline member of the household at that time (and I can't remember exactly who that was), but I came home to find a lovely pile of puke in my bedroom slipper. I took this as a sign of displeasure at my overnight abscence!

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea