Thread: 7 Vegan Pie Recipes for National Pi Day

7 Vegan Pie Recipes for National Pi Day

7 Vegan Pie Recipes for National Pi Day

get healthy living updates

What better day to bake a pie than National Pi (3.14) day? We know the day isn’t exactly commemorating baked crusts with sweet filling, but hey, they’re both related to circles, right? Here are 7 pies to get you in the spirit of this yummy mathematical holiday.
    Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Pie
    This lovely pie combines the best of both worlds–pumpkin and pecan–to achieve a perfect creation, sans dairy.
    See: Vegan Pumpkin Pecan Pie

Chocolate Hazelnut Tart
    Matthew Kenney, how do we love thee? To feel the love, devour his recipe for a no-bake, vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Tart from Everyday Raw (Gibbs Smith, 2008), a tart that is richer and more delicious than many conventional chocolate desserts I have tasted. And, it doesn’t require special equipment, unobtainable ingredients, or several days to make.
    See: No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Tart

Vegan Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake
    This simple-to-make vegan holiday dessert will satisfy family and friends who love cheesecake with a dense texture and rich pumpkin flavor. Since milk and eggs aren’t used in the recipe, it’s also a natural for those allergic to or intolerant of these two foods.
    See: Vegan Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake

Raw Vegan Fast Fruit Pie
    This has to be the healthiest recipe you’ll find when in need of a delicious fruit pie faaast… A raw crust made from nuts and dates holds a fruit compote that will salvage these ripe (possibly sad-looking) fruits you may have lying around.
    See: Fast Fruit Pie (video)

Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie
    Yes, you heard correctly – chocolate cream pie for vegans… Does life get any better? This decadent dessert is deliciously velvety and delightfully rich, yet it contains zero animal products and therefore, absolutely no cholesterol.
    See: Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie

Ani Phyo’s Easy Vegan Blueberry Cobbler
    Ani Phyo, the popular authority on raw, vegan food, shows how to make her blueberry cobbler in this video.
    See: Ani Phyo’s Easy Vegan Blueberry Cobbler (video)

Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie
    This pie is creamy, bright, and elegant. I am a pumpkin pie freak and this one does not disappoint, I promise. That said, I need to warn you of a few things. First, although it tastes exactly like pumpkin pie–there is no pumpkin in it! What’s the secret ingredient?
    See: Raw, Vegan Pumpkin Pie
    Related:
    5 Decadent Vegan Desserts
    Vegan Cinnamon Rolls & Pastries
    “Veganizing” Your Favorite Baked Goods

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/7-v...#ixzz2w2wMdrmq
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Mmmmm.... Don't those all look yummy! Thanks, Candace!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Some of them look interesting, but reading the ingredients, no thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

So many of the recipes call of coconut oil, or tree nuts - how is coconut any more friendly to the environment than eggs, for example, when important tropical forecast are cut down and destroyed for palms to be planted?

And besides, I am horribly allergic to almonds and other tree nuts - carry the epi-pen because of them, and am allergic to coconut as well.
    I've Been Frosted