Thread: Is it SPRING yet? Thursday #576

Is it SPRING yet? Thursday #576

IS IT SPRING YET?

I think a nice send off to winter will be to burn the calendar pages from January and February.

I think one more week of winter sounds just about right.

I think some spring cleaning and a pre-BBQ BBQ is in order.

Let me get my shorts out of the L&F and lets get rolling.

I feel like a Gin and Tonic for the DOTD?

DONE?

Richard, while you're looking in the L&F, could you please see if Chicago's spring is in there? It's definitely missing.

No G&T for me, thank you. I'm drinking decaf diet Coke right now. Just opened it. i'm already spring cleaning- have a box going for the resale shop.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Spring is here in Alberta. Snow is melting and flooding has begun. I'd love a G&T please!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

It is above freezing today, and is supposed to actually warm tomorrow - but we know better than to expect it to last!

Happy Pi Day everyone! I have a sudden craving for Spanikopita - blame the "ethnic foods" thread - so does spinach pie count?
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, ended up with having a "pizza pie" for supper, that will have to be my celebration for Pi Day! Spinach and feta, anyone want to share?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Okay, ended up with having a "pizza pie" for supper, that will have to be my celebration for Pi Day! Spinach and feta, anyone want to share?
    Me please! That's my favorite. I've got some raspberry iced tea to share.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Me please! That's my favorite. I've got some raspberry iced tea to share.
    Excellent - that will taste like summer!
    I've Been Frosted

Time to refill and eat!

Spinach pie? I'm in!

-----

The spring I was looking for was here yesterday and is gone today. I even set up the telescope last night to look at the moon!

It stayed warm until late and today it's rainy and cold!

Wah!

Anyway, hot and cole refills and some carnival pizza?

I remember eating a slice of carnival pizza that had a very herby sauce to it. Never found another piece like it again.

Done?

Hey Richard: I just looked up Cali weather and man am I so jealous. Just look up rain and you'll see what I'm facing. Just stopping by here for a bit of break from cleaning up cat pee everywhere. I never knew that those puppy pee pads could hold so much liquid Hmmm, wonder what Depends are made from??? Sorry, got off the beaten track.

Asparagus is all over the place here so would love an asparagus omelet with chillies and cheese. Are you up for the challenge??? Oh yes, and to drink, my usual BM please.

Here's to a happy week for everyone.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Hey Richard: I just looked up Cali weather and man am I so jealous. Just look up rain and you'll see what I'm facing.
    But Richard himself might be jealous of California weather right now ... as he made the big move to someplace that has seasons, snow, rain and all! He's in Kentucky now, Slick! I am jealous that you have asparagus growing, I should pick some up as it just seems right to have asparagus on toast in the spring!
    I've Been Frosted

Asparagus eggs benedict is really good: you substitute the asparagus for the ham. Yum!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    With 5" of new snow over night????? The calendar might say it's Spring, but I think Mother Nature has other ideas. It won't be around long tho - temps back up in the 50's in a couple of days. I'm looking forward to the fresh rhubarb and strawberries that will be in season fairly soon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    With 5" of new snow over night????? The calendar might say it's Spring, but I think Mother Nature has other ideas. It won't be around long tho - temps back up in the 50's in a couple of days. I'm looking forward to the fresh rhubarb and strawberries that will be in season fairly soon.
    I bought a pint of strawberries the other day from Florida - fun how the season works its way up the coast!
    I've Been Frosted

A few days ago I say bunches of asparagi (?) in the store and when I went back yesterday, there were none. But, here in Thursday's we have it in abundance!

Asparagus omeletes or steamed with a slice of lemon and sprigs of dill! Asparagus Benedict? Yes, we can.
    I also saw strawberries in the store.......rhubarb and SB pie.

----------------

When I got here to KY I was sicker than a dog. I knew I was getting better when I was served half a strawberry on a stack of pancakes. THAT was the best strawberry I had ever had in my life...Everything I ate for the three weeks before I made it here had no taste.....ewww.

---------

I hope everyone has had a respite from the poopy weather we are having!!!!!!

With that, let me do some refills and I'll give you a hearty DONE!

Isn't it amazing how good food can fast when one first regains an appetitive and sense of taste?

By the way, treasure any maple syrup you currently have - the season has been AWFUL so far according to one guy I talked to - last year at this point they had 17,000 gallons of sap collected. This year? Just 300 gallons.

French toast with maple syrup seems to be in order! With bacon of course, as the food here at Thursday's is calorie free!
    I've Been Frosted