Thread: The amazing Yoshi

The amazing Yoshi

Wow Yoshi, I've never met a parrot before and you are soooo lovely and green like grass.

How lucky you are to have found your new parents. But your parents are lucky too to have such a wonderful pet as you.

I'm pleased your in a larger cage now with better food. The sofa looks fun too.

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day. You are now an international superstar.

Love

Nancy

COTD

You're so handsome Yoshi!!! Thank goodness you ended up in a wonderful home!
    Congrats on being POTD! I hope this is a special day for you and your family!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thank you guys!! I'm so excited he was chosen to be on the site. We're all very happy for him, and even though I'm the only one in my family who's really a "bird person"(Other than my boyfriend, who's learning. Hehe) everyone agrees that he's beautiful the way he is, and we all sit around and chatter with him throughout the day.. He's really a love to have around the house.

Wow, Yoshi! What a cheerful bright green color you are! I am so happy that you have a new, much bigger cage and a more diverse diet. What are your favorite foods? I like that you keep your people company by chatting and watching what's happening! Happy Pet of the Day to you, Yoshi the parrot!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Such a wonderful colour and clearly well looked after. My congratulations! Does he talk?

Brave, beautiful Yoshi!

Hi there Yoshi! Happy Pet of the Day to you, sweetheart! What a beautiful birdie boy you are, Yoshi! Your brilliant green plumage, your coat of many colors, is eye popping, simply stunning. But oh, it's that magnificent orange beak that I can't take my eyes off of! Oh my gosh, you look SO sweet, perched on the back of your couch, looking into the camera so inquisitively! I'm so sorry that you had to suffer such unspeakable neglect in your previous life. I cannot imagine how you managed to hang on, being cooped up in that TINY cage, eating only bird seed! But finally you are living the good life you always deserved, a peaceful carefree life with only the most deluxe of accommodations, healthy, yummy food, and tons of love and attention (even from the puppers)! Great thanks to your forever human for welcoming you into her home and heart, for her patience, giving you all the time needed for you to heal, physically and emotionally! And I have no doubt that under her loving care you will thrive, and before long, become the boldest, most confidant parrot on the planet! Enjoy your well earned day in the spotlight, sweetheart, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love and *air hugs and kisses* to you, brave, beautiful Yoshi! Long and happy life to you!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Yoshi what an adorable fellow you are!!!

You will be extra stunning when your feathers all grow back. I am so sorry you were in such a horrible place but you are safe now. I'd be pulling my hair out too if I had been in such an awful place. I bet you and your new family will all be best friends before too long!!! Please thank them for sharing you with us. I hope you are all enjoying your special day.

Congratulations, sweet Yoshi, on being our very special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Wow, Yoshi! What a cheerful bright green color you are! I am so happy that you have a new, much bigger cage and a more diverse diet. What are your favorite foods? I like that you keep your people company by chatting and watching what's happening! Happy Pet of the Day to you, Yoshi the parrot!
    Many thanks again to everyone! At first he wouldn't even touch chopped veggies, he didn't know what they were!! For the first few days he only ate grapes, and his pellets (ZuPreem natural, much more vitamin filled than plain old bird seed.)
    However now that he's tried some more foods.. his favourite treat is pine nuts, just a few mixed in with his pellets, he loves digging around for them. He will eat grapes all day every day, probably one of the only fresh foods he's familiar with.
    It's funny that he doesn't touch bananas or apples, and those are the only two fruits he was offered as treats in his previous home.. guess he didn't like em that much after all.
    But as of lately we've discovered that even though he doesn't like chopped carrots or zucchini-- if you shred them and mix them up with warm (cooked) brown rice, he loves it!! He's also had a few nibbles of scrambled eggs(unsalted of course), and shared a couple bites of oatmeal with his daddy(the boyfriend ) I'm very confident however that as time goes on and he gets more comfortable, he'll explore his food options as they're offered.

And yes, he is VERY observant!! It's so silly. When he rides around on my arm he's just looking around at everything, his head barely sits still! He's just always looking at new things, learning about them, he's very curious indeed. He'll be quite mischievous when he starts roaming around on his own, but for now, he prefers to sit in his cage and watch from afar or be taken for a tour on someones arm.