Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Family Should Never Own A Cat

This Family Should Never Own A Cat

These people seem to lack any knowledge on what's proper to do to protect the baby & be fair to the cat.
    The child pulled the cat's tail & got scratched ( it doesn't show in the video) so the dad kicked the cat in the
    rear. The cat then responded by coming after him. This whole incident could have been avoided if they had
    been watching the baby or keeping the cat elsewhere if they were too busy to supervise the interaction.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...ttack.kgw.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've seen just bits about that on the TV news and then at the start of "Inside Edition." I couldn't bear to watch the whole thing, when no doubt the evil cat is captured and taken off to be "euthanized" (likely with a club or a gun, because that's what it deserves).

My immediate thought was: Just what did they do to provoke this? Cats don't do that just in passing.

So many people make me just so very sick . The baby doesn't know any better, but boy, what prizes for parents..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dad, the cat scratched me!

What did you do?

Well, I was messing with his tail.

Boy, you'll find sympathy in the dictionary. Go apologize to the cat, give him some treats.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Even just seeing the headline, I knew it would be stoopid humans, not the cat's fault.
    I've Been Frosted

I saw this on the news at mom's place.

The police did arrive. The family was let out of the bathroom and the family said this was not normal behaviour for their cat. The worst they talked about doing was finding another home for the kitty.

There you are.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I remember being bitten on the nose by my childhood dog when I was teasing him with a towel. I ran inside crying to my mom who said "well, I saw you teasing him, he can't TELL you to stop so what did you expect?" Oh, right.

Oregon couple attacked by 22-pound housecat say they're taking animal to vet, pet psychologist

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...463/story.html

PORTLAND, Ore. - The Oregon owners of a 22-pound housecat that trapped them in their bedroom after attacking their baby say they're not giving up on their pet and are getting it medical attention and therapy.Two days after police arrived to subdue the 4-year-old part-Himalayan cat, owner Lee Palmer of Portland said he's taking the feline to a veterinarian. A pet psychologist also is due at the house to see the cat, named Lux.
    "We're not getting rid of him right now," Palmer said. "He's been part of our family for a long time."
    Palmer says the animal attacked his 7-month-old child after the baby pulled its tail. The child suffered a few scratches on the forehead.

So the child pulls the cat's tail, gets a few scratches on the head in return, and they barricade themselves in and call 911? I think the whole family needs some serious counseling!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, I'm glad to know that the cat was not immediately taken off to be put down! Thank you, Candace.

I'm also wondering how it got to be 22 pounds. Gosh, that's an awfully ...large-boned ..cat.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Karen, according to the news report, the man hit the cat when it scratched the child. The cat then went absolutely insane and retaliated. We all know the damage that can be inflicted by the teeth and claws of a cat.

A swift kick to the cat? Really? Find it a better home.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I hope they do find the poor cat a loving, understanding-of- feline-behavior home because these people obviously don't care to get into the feline psyche and were downright abusive to this kitty.
    Whaaa . . . baby got a scratch or two for pulling cat's tail . . . lucky for him or her that is ALL the retribution inflicted. Lesson learned or is the baby too young to process . . . I did not see the video . . . probably so. Why is it so common for a family to get rid of their cat when a baby becomes part of the household . . . just so wrong. I hope this cat will get over the trauma and be adopted by cat-friendly people.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Baby pulls cat's tail. Cat scratches baby. Father of baby has knee-jerk reaction and hits/kicks cat. Cat goes ballistic and terrorizes family.

Owners say cat has been with them a long time and they are taking cat to vet and maybe pet psychologist to try and SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

No, it's not good that the dad kicked/hit the cat. That does not mean that family abuses the cat all the time.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Lux-the-cat-...250691971.html

Lee Palmer [owner] said Monday he is not, in fact, giving up on Lux yet. He wouldn't be any more specific other than to say, “We have some help coming from out of state."
    Palmer appears to be bringing in the big guns for this cat quandary. We'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

No, it's not good that the dad kicked/hit the cat. That does not mean that family abuses the cat all the time.

So how often is it acceptable to abuse the cat?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla