Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We don't have.....(gift swap?)

We don't have.....(gift swap?)

Years ago we started a fun thread about things that weren't available in our area or things that we were curious about.

I think it's time to start it up again?

---------------------

We did this for the people who were unable to get a product that they could not get or wanted to try.

Before we start, if you would like to participate or get something, please post your thoughts and then ????

-------

Bascially, it was a gift/food/trinket exchange - nothing too pricey or strange - just for fun and giggles.

I want to start by sending Slick some gravy mix so she can have biscuits and gravy!

Thanks.

It would be a fun thing to start this up again! I'll participate, particularly if there's anything folks are interested in from hereabouts! But even little trinkets and stuff from wherever you are are fun, too! We usually set a dollar limit - I forget whether it was $15 or $25, so no one would feel they had to break the bank to participate!
    I've Been Frosted

I loved the gift swaps! I still think of them, I have a T shirt someone sent me, which I still wear. I think maybe it was from Amy Hulse? Pic of 3 bichons, and reads: Owned by Bichons Frise Then under the pic it continues: actually its vice versa LOVE that shirt! Hmm, maybe I should try to search and see who it was from.

When we did it, you did not know who had your name, I think that was how it worked? Sort of like a secret santa thing. LOADS of fun! But that was back when finances weren't an issue. I don't think I could afford to do one at this time.

I remember swapping Aquari-yums for crocheted mice with Gary years ago. That was fun.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I think I'd like to be in on this.. if the dollar amount wasn't very high..

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

About the GS?

It was more about people wanting a certain item they had heard about, wanted to try or was unavailable in the area that they lived in/moved to.

Hints?

Kitchen magnets, post cards, little figurines? I go to the dollar tables and find stuff that is marked down. The other day I found a really neat slogan/print T-shirt at Kmart for a few dollars...

I picked up making paracord bracelets and have made some pretty nifty dog and cat collars and people seem to really like them - handmade items are fun to get too.

Don't feel like you need to spend HUGE amounts of money on a package - that was the fun of putting together a box of stuff!

---------------

I think that they way we did it last time was that people asked for an item(s) and people were able to fill that request - it was entirely up to the sender to add what they wanted add to the box/package over what the person wanted!!!

---------

If enough people want to get this going, we can figure out what is what!

Thanks again and remember that it's not about the dollar amount you send, it's the thought?

I'm in. Anyone want some real Canadian Maple Syrup?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

So, I offer / suggest things which are 'typically' RI?

Del's Lemonade, Eclipse Coffee syrup, Autocrat coffee syrup, Catanzaro's white wine biscuits (there are more)

And then someone selects what they want? Cool! I could do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    So, I offer / suggest things which are 'typically' RI?

Del's Lemonade, Eclipse Coffee syrup, Autocrat coffee syrup, Catanzaro's white wine biscuits (there are more)

And then someone selects what they want? Cool! I could do this!
    Yes, you can put together a box or ask if someone can fill a request you may have?

There are no real rules, aside from keeping it as a low cost, fun project!

-----------------

This sounds really bad but the Kentucky Derby is in a few months....No, not that Derby is coming, but the fact that I buy KD knicknacks AFTER the race because they go on sale! So, If you would like horse racing and don't mind waiting?

I'm currently in Utah - anyone want something Utahian?

But lots of things come to mind for when we get home! Bergers cookies, old bay seasoning, anything crab related, Snyder's pretzels...
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Gosh, I am lucky, as I have a local fabulous market where I can get lots of stuff from all over the world! Like Slick, I could offer maple sugar or maple syrup, I'll have to ponder what else is unique to here, as lobsters do not mail well ... certainly plenty of Boston stuff around of course,if anyone wants Boston postcards or trinkets! Salt Water taffy is available anyplace there is a coastline, right? And while Marshmallow fluff was invented here, I am guessing it is in Supermarkets worldwide by now!
    I've Been Frosted

Psst, Karen: Boston Baked Beans - the candy!

One of my indulgences on my rare trips up there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Psst, Karen: Boston Baked Beans - the candy!

One of my indulgences on my rare trips up there!!!
    Wow, do they not have them everywhere? I knew black raspberry ice cream is a Massachusetts/New England thing, but didn't know Boston Baked Beans the candy were! For those not in the know, they have nothing to do with actual beans! (Sugar, peanuts and yum!)
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Wow, do they not have them everywhere? I knew black raspberry ice cream is a Massachusetts/New England thing, but didn't know Boston Baked Beans the candy were! For those not in the know, they have nothing to do with actual beans! (Sugar, peanuts and yum!)
    You can buy them here I've seen them plenty.

I like weird/new candy might be interested in something like that. I live in utah I could come up with some utah specific things.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    You can buy them here I've seen them plenty.

I like weird/new candy might be interested in something like that. I live in utah I could come up with some utah specific things.
    That's fun! And for anyone landlocked, of course sea shells or coastal stuff I could do!
    I've Been Frosted