Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yodee

Yodee

Yodee has been peeing on her bed in front of the fireplace as well as on the couch and the litterbox. Took her in today for blood tests and her kidneys are 80% gone. She's going in for IV therapy for a couple of days to help her feel better.

I'm just going to make her as comfortable as possible for as long as I have her.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Awww, give her a kiss on top of that soft grey head for me! You have given her more love in the time she's been with you than some kitties get in their whole lives!
    I've Been Frosted

Big prayers for precious Yodee
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We are all saying prayers for our Dear Friend Yodee.
    It s such a sad day when we realize that our Cat companions may not be there one day, as Cleveland Amory once wrote it is like being hit in the stomach.
    We are so sorry about Yodee , and we know that our Awesome Angels will be there to comfort him.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers and warm energies and loads of love for dearest, precious Yodee and for you too, Slick. Please give her some gentle pets for me.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aw, poor precious Yodee. Kidney failure is the pits.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Oh Slick, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the IV therapy will help her feel better - and I know you will make her as comfortable as you can. How lucky she is to be with you.

Please give her some kisses for me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I truly hope that continued therapy can keep Yodee around for quite awhile longer. It is hard to realize your "senior kitizens" are starting to show wear and tear. Give Yodee some kisses from me.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Aw, Slick, I am so sorry to hear this. I know how hard this is. She has had a wonderful life with you and out of the shelter. Please give her a gentle hug from me. Prayers for you both my friend.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thanks everyone. When I dropped her off this morning my vet met with me to say that her blood tests revealed that she was really anemic as well. I fear that she won't be with me come the end of the summer.....then again, miracles do happen. Last July she as 6.7 lbs and today she was 5.5.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

{{{hugs}}} Please give that dear girl some lovies for me.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Love and gentle kisses to dearest Yodee.

Last edited by phesina; 03-01-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm sorry to learn this, Slick.

I've had 4 cats go with renal failure. The first, Mr. Amber Cat, aka Amber, I did the IV at home. In 6 months we went from 3 times per week to 3 times per day. When it came to him needing it 4 times a day, I called a halt. I have never gone that route again, it just wasn't fair to the cat, IMO.

And if you do the IV fluids, expect the cat to be peeing everywhere; that goes with the treatment. Most cats know they should not be going here, there and everywhere, so this also stresses the cat.

Just my experience.

Prayers for Yodee.

Oh Slick, words can't begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear the news about Yodee. I'm praying for that miracle. Please give her some gentle lovies from me.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks everyone. We are in palliative care mode at the moment although she is anxious to eat in the evening - not so much in the morning. She continues to pee on the pee pads and in her basket that used to be her favourite sleeping spot. We take one day at a time. No more catmobile trips for her but I'm glad she had that one.

All scritches and kisses delivered.
    --unknown

--Polar Express