Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March Madness, #574!

March Madness, #574!

It's almost March and time for March Madness?

(I really am a newbie when it comes to college b-ball, but it's a good time!)

The weather here is chilly, but we are waiting a new round of snow and showers this weekend.

(Glad to hear Cali is getting watered on!)

I think some fresh lemonade and a meat and cheese plate sounds about right?

DONE!

Sounds good to me. Pardon me while I sit down next to the fire and relax, it's about what I'm capable of at the moment.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

The college I attended apparently did have a basketball team when my grandmother went there, but that was a very long time ago, and I don't think there has been any involvement in sports there since!

Crackers to add to the meat and cheese plate - and I've got the kettle on for tea, cocoa or whatever hot beverage you'd want!
    I've Been Frosted

Oops, almost forgot......if anyone needs any marshmallows in their hot cocoa, we can arrange it.........I bet we could hit a cup with the marshmallow launcher from 60 feet or so.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Um, who is going to keep Angel from getting the marshmallows once they are airborne?
    I've Been Frosted

I don't recall promising that they'd end up IN the cocoa, just that I could hit the cup. Flying food never seems to hit the floor for some reason.

One of the most blatant differences between Lady and Angel is that Lady would just let whatever it was hit the floor, then saunter over and pick it up. Angel, however, is a little more agressive with policing. If it's airborne, it must be hers, and she has to get it before anyone else can claim it.

A cheese and sausage snack with crackers and hot cocoa sounds divine. It's 0 F outside, and my office isn't much warmer.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    A cheese and sausage snack with crackers and hot cocoa sounds divine. It's 0 F outside, and my office isn't much warmer.
    Oh my,

It's been pleasant outside, so pleasant that I saw a woman in shorts at the store.

Time to stoke up the fire and pass out more hot beverages.

-----

Teaching a dog to catch airborne treats is a fun past time. Sometimes I forget and Tucker gets a piece of bread on the snout. It's nothing personal.....

-----

Hows about a vodka, pineapple cocktail? A little umbrella might make people forget about the weather?

Done!

Well, fresh bread rising. Its a different recipe, rye, corn meal and regular flour with molasses instead of sugar. SHould be hot out of the oven in an hour or so, anyone want to help taste test?

It's snowing again in Chicago, tiny flakes. Jimmy Fallon will be in town tomorrow to take the Polar Plunge.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

We're in the deep freeze again tonight. Going to have wind chills of -45oC tonight. Staying in and warm with the kitties. Have the tea on. Anyone?
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Yes, please, I'll take another mug of tea! It was positively balmy feeling here this afternoon - got all the way up to 36° F - so +2 Celcius! And sure, I'll try some of that bread!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yes, please, I'll take another mug of tea! It was positively balmy feeling here this afternoon - got all the way up to 36° F - so +2 Celcius! And sure, I'll try some of that bread!
    This past saturday the temp got up to 57. I spied many people in flip flops.

This temp would be death to people on the west coast.

More tea and butter for the bread.

Done!

And marmalade for the toast? That'd be perfect!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    And marmalade for the toast? That'd be perfect!
    My grannie made the best marmalade on the planet (yes, I know.......). on ry toast with a little real butter on the bottom!