Thread: The injustice of it !!!!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

The injustice of it !!!!!

Since last October, I have spent many hours behind the wheel, driving several thousand miles, burning up the Interstates between DE and NC and between DE and Baltimore, with several round trips to both locations. I accomplished this without a hitch - smooth sailing and no issues - except the traffic jams that were encountered at times. So I move back to DE on January 24th, and less than 3 weeks after my return, I get nailed by a gung-ho, hick, not-so-friendly "law enforcement official", for speeding in a one-horse town about 10 miles from my house...so one-horse that it doesn't even have a traffic light!!! Yup - he claims he clocked me doing 37 in a 25, which I KNOW is wrong, since I glanced at my speedometer as I was approaching the 35MPH sign outside of town, and I was doing UNDER 35 at that point. It's his word against mine if I take it to court, so I might as well not even waste my time contesting. Anyway - he was real generous - NOT!!! - and lowered the ticked to 9 over - or 34MPH - which lowered my fine to "only" $100 - wasn't that just so sweet of him??? Am I being sarcastic??? - you bet! I tried talking him into just giving me a warning, since it has been 15 years since I have had any traffic violations - not so much as a parking ticket. You'd think that would count for something, wouldn't you??? And the ticket I got 15 years ago was the same scenario as the one I just got - only it was in a different one-horse town about 5 miles from the house. So I'm $100 lighter in the wallet when I can hardly afford to be, seeing that I still need to make that one more trip to NC to pick up the rest of my belongings. Maybe between me not feeling up to the drive and not having a little extra $$$ in March, what's still in storage will have to stay there till May, when I'll probably be able to drive that distance again. I can make do till then if I have to. I'm still p.o.'ed about that ticket tho, and the cocky attitude of "Mr Policeman" - young, trying to make his ticket quota, kid!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Can you contest with a written letter? Might be worth a phone call to the department and ask ...
    I've Been Frosted

If you really weren't going that fast I would fight it. You should also be able to do a class online so it won't go on your record.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I got a photo-radar speeding ticket in the mail today. I was so surprised - I have really behaved myself in the past several years.

I knew there was an option to appeal the amount of the fine - $147!! I can go downtown to the traffic division of the courthouse and talk to a JP about my ability to pay.

Maybe that is an option for you, Pom - to at least get the fine reduced. HUGS.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Wow--that really stinks POM. Don't you just love those young know it all's who feel they have to prove themselves ? I've never gotten any speeding ticket or any ticket period for that matter but I do know I would have deserved one a few times, just very lucky I guess.
    I try to watch the speed now, especially with the road conditions we have this winter, we never know when we'll hit black ice.

If it isn't too far or too much trouble I think I would appeal that ticket. No way I would let something like that go by. I would pay something I deserved but no way I would let a cop get away with that. If you fight it it just might wake him up if he's pulling that with everyone. Or the court will start noticing when others do the same------it's the principal of the matter.
    Better yet if you can just do it in writting.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yeah - and what really stinks, is that this same cop let my son off with a warning several months ago. Maybe he just doesn't like little old ladies?????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~