Thread: help

help

Our family has 2 huskies. They are from the same litter and both are female. They are about 5 months old. They fight horribly. It's not playing aggressively, it's just fighting. They've gone so far as to draw blood from each other. I can't seem to find a trigger and they have both started the fight at some point. They don't listen when I call them off which is weird because they're really good dogs and always come when called. I need advice because I have no clue where to go from here and I don't want them hurting each other.

Time to nip this in the bud right now! Have they had an obedience training classes? What sport of training have you done with them? Puppy play is normal, but drawing blood intentionally is not! Are tails wagging during these sessions, are ears forward or back? Sorry so many questions, but these matter!

Are they fed together, do they have separate bowls, etc?
    I've Been Frosted

Have they been spayed? If not, arrange for that. It may not solve the problem but it will make a huge improvement.

Have you contacted the breeder about this? They usually know the temperaments for their lines, and will want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Have they been spayed? If not, arrange for that. It may not solve the problem but it will make a huge improvement.
    Sandy, 5 months is rather too young for them to be spayed, they still have quite a bit of growing to do, unlike Bichons would at that age. Nine months at least is safer, but many people say wait for a least a year for bigger dogs.
    I've Been Frosted

Siberian huskies (if they are) aren't considered a large enough breed to wait to spay. Females can be 35lbs. I would say spay them asap, but at the same time, some female dogs just cannot get along together. Female on female fights are some of the worst in dogs and huskies are dogs who like to be dominant. You definitely need to work on obedience and possible get some muzzles to prevent injuries. Get them seperate crates if they don't have already. Look up NILIF training too. I'm sorry to say, but at their age if they are as bad as you describe, you may just end up having to rehome one. Do exhaust all efforts for training and socialization first though.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

All of my 3 huskies were spayed/neutered at 5 months no problems I'd definitely try that