... and it would have been my fault! I was renovating my place over the past couple of days. There is this heavy shelf on one of my walls, and I had to dismantle it to hang the new wallpaper. I had planned to take the shelf to another room while I was working on that wall, but like I said, it was heavy, so I leaned it against the wall first. Since I noticed it was very dusty on the top, I turned around to get a cleaning rag. In this very second, Lily showed up, curious and eager to examine the shelf. Before I could react, she put her paws onto it and it fell over - right onto her. I was sure it would break her spine!! Somehow she managed to escape before the shelf hit the ground entirely, but she was terrified. I examined her and made her walk to see if she was hurt, checked her spine and tail and she looked fine. Otherwise, I would have rushed her to the vet immediately. But she was in shock! She was hiding and was wide-eyed, and didn't react to me; I never saw her like that. She was eventually hiding under the bed where I found her an hour later, and then it was that she finally responded to me and started talking. And she was talking a lot, as if she wanted to complain! My poor sweet girl!

Later, it dawned on me how close I was to lose her, and how quickly things can change within seconds. It's been really creepy.

Anyway, today, she was back to her old naughty self; here she was checking the new carpet that was delivered today:

Name:  lily_03.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  275.5 KB