Thread: Another update - see #21 - I'm back in DE

Threaded View

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Another update - see #21 - I'm back in DE

Hi All ----- Just thought I'd give you a quick heads-up on my status. My life has been rather chaotic and not the way I imagined my golden years to be. As you know, I had moved to NC with all intentions of making it a permanent move, but it was not to be. I went down to live with my niece after her father (my brother) passed away. I was reluctant in the beginning, but she claimed she needed me to help her get her life back on track and in order. Well it seems the only thing she wanted from me was a live-in housekeeper and cook. I won't bad mouth her here - it would serve no purpose - but we just weren't/aren't on the same page or even in the same book. My son nailed it when he said that we weren't even in the same library!!! So after having had more than my fill of her and NC, I packed up - stuffed all I could in my car and put the rest in a storage unit to be picked up later - gathered up Wolfy and the 2 kittens - and on Jan 24th came back to DE. I'm back at my old address - at least for now. But be assured if my son ends up selling this house, we will be living somewhere local and around in the area - NOT NC!!!!

So when I was NOT having any fun in NC, I took a very nasty fall in mid-Nov in my niece's driveway, and sustained severe damage to the hardware in my lumbar spine from the spinal fusion back in 2010. I couldn't get a doctor down there to see me, and it was finally the end of January when I got back here that I got in to see my spine surgeon in Baltimore. I knew it was bad, but didn't imagine it to be as bad as it is. Instead of a nice straight spine (like the hands on a clock at 6 o'clock), mine now looks like 7 or 8 o'clock. The hardware on one side of the spine collapsed and pulled the vertebrae above it down, and severely out of alignment, so now that all has to be repaired. I also had an MRI last week and had an appointment to go hack to my doctor tomorrow for follow-up and the next step in what has to be done, but the forecast is for more snow and ice over night and in to tomorrow a.m., so I rescheduled for Thursday. It's almost a 2 hour drive over there, and I sure don't need to get into a wreck on the interstate.

So that's all that I've been up to, to keep life from getting too boring. Wolfy - aka: The Wolfman - aka: My Wild Child - is doing great. He's a little bit of Myndi and a little of Sparky, rolled into one adorable little Fuzzbutt. And he finally has that playmate that he wanted - his brother and sister kittens. He loves Luke, who is the rough and tumble little boy, and they chase each other all over the house, sleep together (when I don't toss Luke out of the bedroom), share toys (Wolfy loves catnip mousies), and steal each other's food when they think no one is looking. Luke definitely is part Maine Coon - his fur is so soft and long, and if those ear tufts get any longer, I'll need to braid them. He's gonna be a big boy too - he is already twice the size of his sister, and way bigger then his brother (who my son has). My son's 2 older twin grays have even gotten more lively and frisky with the kittens living here - they were 11 year old crabby ladies, and the change in them is amazing.

I'm having computer issues with my old stand-by desktop, and as soon as I get my pics saved (a ton of them), my son is going to completely clean it out and reload only what's needed. It's 8 years old, so you can imagine what's in there that I don't even know about. For now I'm borrowing my son's and grandson's when I need one, and they are buying me a small laptop for my birthday in April. I probably still won't be on here much right now, with facing the back surgery and not knowing yet, just how extensive it will be, but I'll be around more than I have been - that's a given. When I can, I'll get new pics of Wolfy and his kitties too.

That's about all for now. I need to peel myself out of this chair and move around some. I have a great deal of pain in my back, hip and thigh from this injury, that even the potent pain killers don't help much, and the longer I stay in one spot, the worse the pain gets. I have to make myself move around to keep it from getting any worse than it already is. They shoot horses - don't they?????

I'll try to check back in a few days, and I'll let you know what I find out at my doctor appointment on Thursday. It won't be good, but hopefully it won't be too horrible!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 02-23-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~