Thread: Celebrity News poll

Celebrity News poll

Do you care when some celebrity or other puts about a press release to announce he or she is gay? I am kind of in a "who cares, what business is it of anyone else who you love" mindset. I do know some do it to encourage any teenagers struggling with the issue to not be afraid, but does anyone think it makes a difference to any random kid in his or her own situation?

I find the announcements increasingly not newsworthy, what do you think? I'm not going to see or not see a film or show because of who an actor chooses to sleep with, are you? A good actor is a good actor!

Interested in others' opinions on this ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quite honestly, I don't care about that at all. Celebs are entitled to their private lives, coming out is their personal choice. It's not a consideration when deciding to watch a movie or tv program I want to see.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Celeb news in general doesn't interest me, be it sports stars, musicians, or actors.

I'm far more likely NOT to go see a movie or concert when the star has been in the news supporting cause XYZ. Charlie Daniels has been in the news frequently over the past few years as a major hawk.......which doesn't exactly jibe with his early years as a country star with hits like "uneasy rider" and "Still in Saigon". I think the operative phrase here is dance, monkey, dance.

I don't care about your personal life, it's called personal for a reason. The hypocrisy annoys me......to make announcements about issue XYZ which have nothing to do with your acting/singing/performance on the field and then cry about the paparazzi is ridiculous, particularly when all you're doing is contributing to the cool movement of the moment and making announcements to further your own publicity.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

The story will become news again when there is a frustration with no one writing 'gay' parts for actors.

Then another story will detail how non-gay actors are being cast for gay roles.

Then it will be gay actors being forced to take straight roles?

----------------

I wonder if they will continue to take 'straight' roles, even if they go against their sexuality?

Amazing what money can and will make you do?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Then another story will detail how non-gay actors are being cast for gay roles.

Then it will be gay actors being forced to take straight roles?

----------------

I wonder if they will continue to take 'straight' roles, even if they go against their sexuality?

Amazing what money can and will make you do?
    I thought the point of being an actor was playing a character, it should have nothing to do with your own personal life. There are no "gay" roles or straight roles, just parts to be played, in my humble opinion.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I thought the point of being an actor was playing a character, it should have nothing to do with your own personal life. There are no "gay" roles or straight roles, just parts to be played, in my humble opinion.
    I just finished "Capote" with starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

It was a good movie and he did a pretty good job of playing Capote. Would it have mattered if the lead was played by a gay or straight actor?

Probably not. I don't see anyone's private life making them anymore credible in the lead..

The same with Brokeback Mountain....I got thru half that movie and it bored me.

There was "Milk" with Sean Penn as Harvey Milk......and probably a few more roles where 'straight' actors play gay characters....Those guys took a huge chance playing roles that were unheard of 20 years ago?

--------------

I was just commenting on the 'backlash' that these people probably will encounter.

I can see a director/casting director/producer passing over actors because they may feel that a gay actor might not be able to play a role because of the plot/storyline..