Thread: Photos of My Aquarium

Photos of My Aquarium

Lots of changes in my aquarium.

I have 5 otos (otocinclus), 8 lamp eye tetras, and 5 long fin danios in there. Today I can only locate 2 of the otos, they are reclusive.

I have changed the background, so the fish stand out more. The prior background was too 'busy' for such small fish. And in the last hour, my new lights FINALLY arrived! I now have LED lighting, with 3 settings: daylight, lunar, and off.

Here are pics with the daylight setting. The tank is brighter than in these photos; I had to turn off the camera flash as it just bounces back into the lens, and with no flash the tank appears darker.
    Here you can easily spot the danios

Danios tend to stay near the top of the water. This photos shows them and the tetras who are schooling just now; adding the lights has them nervous, so they are sticking together.

Close ups of the 2 otos I could find:

Here the tank has the lunar light setting on. I see now, there is lots of reflection in the tank, sorry about that. You can see the tetras on the lower left, in front of the 'jug.'

I have lots of 'stuff' floating about, from the cuke and zuke strips I've had in there for the otos. I did a 25% water change yesterday, will give it a day or 2 and do that once more.

That's all!

Aww, hi there fishes! Many years ago we had an aquarium, and had zebra danios and rainbow tetras amongst our fishes! They are such pretty little ones to watch!
    I've Been Frosted

Wow, your tank looks great Sandie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So right, Karen, I find I sit and watch them and calm down, very relaxing!

Thanks Annette, I am happy with my efforts!

Love the blue colour from the lights. Yes, fish watching is so relaxing. Had one many years ago when I had more time but I finally gave them and the aquarium to my niece.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I really like your tank setup! I love the lights. Am I the only one that likes the sound of the filter? I think it sounds so relaxing. I really love your little Otos, they're such fun little guys. I should post a pic of mine, maybe I'll do it sometime this weekend when I change their water.

Funny that you posted in and thus brought this thread up, now. Because earlier this evening, I purchased (used) a 50 gal tank and stand, with a new glass top (still in the box!), and tube light(s). OH MY GOSH I don't know what I am doing ha haaa.