Thread: Cat shot in head 17 times: Man, 19, arrested and charged (Cat is alive and well after surgery)

Cat shot in head 17 times: Man, 19, arrested and charged (Cat is alive and well after surgery)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windso...rged-1.2537042

Sarnia, Ont., police arrest 19-year-old after Joe the cat, found Feb. 2, survives shooting

CBC News Posted: Feb 14, 2014 9:36 AM ET Last Updated: Feb 14, 2014 9:51 AM ET

Related Stories

A 19-year-old Sarnia, Ont., man has been arrested and charged in the case of a cat that survived getting shot in the head 17 times.

The cat was named Joe after he was found on Feb. 2 in the Brights Grove area suffering from 17 pellet wounds to his head.

Sarnia Police Service detectives arrested the 19-year-old Sarnia man at his residence shortly after 6 p.m. ET Thursday.
    His name hasn't been released.
    During a search of the man's home, officers found Oxycodone pills and about 50 codeine pills, along with a small amount of marijuana.
    The man, who is in custody awaiting a bail hearing, faces:

• Two counts of animal cruelty.
    • Two counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking.
    • One count of possession of a controlled substance.

The cat is recovering from surgery. Joe lost an eye and one pellet will remain lodged in his cheek.

Beautiful Joe. This pic is after the surgery. A report says he lost one eye but I don't see it here. Trust me - you don't want to see the BEFORE picture.

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh my God. How sickening. I am so so very,VERY glad that Joe has survived and will be okay. May you be healthy and get a wonderful loving home. God bless you and whoever rescued you and the vets who are treating you.

Why are there so many awful people who do things like this?

I hope that the dirtbag that did this gets a long, LOOOOOONG prison sentence, with the traditional welcome from fellow prisoners.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Second man arrested.

CTV Toronto
    Published Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:12PM EST

A second man has been arrested in connection to an animal cruelty case involving a cat in southwestern Ontario that suffered from as many as 17 pellet wounds to the head.
    "Joe" the cat was found by the side of a road in Brights Grove, east of Sarnia, Ont., on Feb. 2, 2014.
    Investigators on Wednesday arrested a 20-year-old Sarnia man. Police say he will be charged with one count of willfully causing unnecessary suffering and one count of willfully injuring an animal.
    Photos

"Joe" the cat was found by the side of a road in Brights Grove, Ont., suffering from as many as 17 pellet wounds to the head.

A 19-year-old Sarnia man, who was arrested last week in connection to the case, was scheduled to appear for a bail hearing on Wednesday.
    He is facing two counts of animal cruelty, two counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking, and one count of possession of a controlled substance.
    Joe the cat has since had surgery to remove the pellets, but the Sarnia and District Humane Society says the cat may lose an eye due to his injuries.
    With files from CTV London

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I have too much respect for all of my fellow PTers and this forum to say what I'm really thinking about this despicable (insert your own expletive). Sweet Joe, you are a beautiful kitty and you have my prayers for a complete recovery. My wish for you is that you'll find the purrfect furever home where you'll be loved beyond measure, cared for, and enjoy the life every kitty deserves.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

So horrible that humans can be cruel to innocent creatures. Maybe, if there is justice, this cat Joe will survive to realize his full potential within a loving home, and this/these awful individuals will writh in the torments of hell forever.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs