Thread: Here Are The 24 Tiniest Animals In The World. Number 13 Is So Adorable I Could Scream.

Here Are The 24 Tiniest Animals In The World. Number 13 Is So Adorable I Could Scream.

http://www.viralnova.com/smallest-animals-in-the-world/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=aweber

Here Are The 24 Tiniest Animals In The World. Number 13 Is So Adorable I Could Scream.

February 5, 2014 Entertainment

Creatures great and small live all around us, but I bet you don’t know just how small some of those animals are. If you think of a random animal like a tortoise or an octopus, you probably don’t imagine something pint sized and absolutely adorable. However, teeny tiny versions of those animals do exist. And I’m about to blow your mind with their adorable existence.
    1. Royal Antelope: this little guy is a tiny species of antelope. They can grow up to 10 to 12 inches tall and weigh about 10lbs.

2. Brookesia Micra Chameleon: the micra chameleon is the smallest in the world. It’s average length is 30mm long, so standing on someone’s fingertip is MORE than enough room for this lizard.

3. Bumblebee Bat: this tiny bat resembles a fuzzy bumble bee, but we hope you don’t swat at it. It’s also known as Kitti’s hog-nosed bat and you can find them in Thailand.

4. Satomi’s Pygmy Seahorse: this little seahorse is the smallest in the world, reaching only a length of 0.54in and a height of 0.45in.

5. Pink Fairy Armadillo: also known as the Pichiciego, this tiny armadillo is from Argentina and it is the smallest species (out of 20).

6. Virgin Islands Dwarf Gecko: dwarf geckos are typically the size of a coin, about 18mm in length. hey are found in three British Virgin Islands, namely, Virgin Gorda, Tortola and Mosquito Island.

7. Speckled Padloper Tortoise: the smallest tortoise in the world is found in South Africa. The itty bitty tortoises grow up to 8-10cm in length.

8. Dwarf Sloth: also known as the pygmy three-toed sloth or monk sloth, is found off of the coast of Panama. It’s 40% smaller than it’s mainland cousins.

9. Baluchistan Pygmy Jerboa: the jerboa is one of the smallest mammals in the world and is the smallest rodent. Adult females only weigh up to 3.75g.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

10. Vechur Cow: the smallest breed of cattle in the world only grows to be 124cm in length and 87cm in height.

11. Paedophryne Amauensis Frog: this smallest vertebrate in the world is found in Papua New Guinea. A normal-sized coin dwarfs this tiny frog.

12. Smallest Octopus Wolfi: you can find this tiny octopus in the Indo-Pacific Ocean. There are about 300 species of octopus and this Wolfi is one of the smallest.

13. Pygmy Goat: pygmy goats originate in West Africa and can grow up to 23in tall.

14. Etruscan Shrew: this little guy is also known as the Savi’s pygmy shrew, Pygmy white-toothed shrew, Etruscan pygmy shrew and White-toothed pygmy shrew. They are the smallest land mammal in the world.

15. Fennec Fox: if you want to find one of these cuties, you have to look in the Sahara of North Africa. They are most well-known for their oversized, sensitive ears.

16. Borneo Pygmy Elephant: if you think of an elephant, you may think about a GIANT mammal. But, there are some smaller elephants. The Borneo elephant is 30% smaller than Asian elephants. Adult males are just 5 to 8 ft tall, whereas the females are 4 to 7 ft in height.

17. Irukandji Jellyfish: the tiny jellyfish is only 1 cubic cm in size, smaller than a human fingernail, but it is one of the most venomous in the world for its size.

18. Little Blue Penguin: the Little Penguin, Fairy Penguin or Blue Penguin is the smallest species of penguin, found in New Zealand and Australia.

19. Tamaulipas Pygmy Owl: this owl hails from Mexico and only grows to be about 13.5cm long.

20. Sabah Rhinoceros: the Sabah rhinoceros is the world’s smallest rhinoceros species, with a height of only just over a meter. The tiny rhino is almost extinct, though, with only 30 to 50 individuals alive in the world.

21. Pygmy Anteater: the smallest anteater in the world is found in Central and South America. They can grow up to 18in long and they are pretty much always adorable.

22. Roborovski Hamster: the Robo hamster is a kind of dwarf hamster, native to Russia, Kazakhstan and northern China. They are sold as pets and the smallest as less than an inch in length.

23. Mediterranean Miniature Donkey: this mini donkey originates from the Mediterranean islands of Sicily and Sardinia. They can live to be 35 years-old and there are 15,000 of these donkeys in the United States.

24. Ouessant Sheep: the smallest sheep in the world is also known as the Anglicized Ushant, Ushant or Breton Dwarf sheep. They stand less than 50cm high and are as adorable as they sound.

If only I could buy every single one of these tiny animals and carry them around in my pockets. I guess I’ll have to settle for adopting a Fennec fox and whispering secrets into its big, fuzzy ears.
    More @ TheTopTenz

Thank you for posting these photos. I enjoyed all of them. My favs are No. 1 antelope and No. 15 the little fox with big ears. He reminds me of a Chihuahua LOL.

Some of them are not THAT small - and the Roborovski hamster pictured is obviously a baby - the adults are slightly smaller than normal hamsters but not that small! Pygmy goats are often seen as pets, again, they are not tiny like that antelope in the first picture, just smaller than the big goats! We have had both these species as Pet of the Day many times!
    I've Been Frosted

These are so cute. I've always LOVED pygmy anteaters and the Tamaulipus owls.

Fascinating! Thank you, Candace.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We share this world with some extraordinary creatures. I am completely in love with the little sloth - what a cutie!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE