Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One year ago today I said goodbye to Fister

One year ago today I said goodbye to Fister

Today, it is a year ago I had to say goodbye to my dear precious Fister - I miss him SO much! He was a really special boy and he made my life a happier one.

Since then, I have looked after other cats, but I have to say, none of them comes close to what Fister was, although I do like them. Lucy, who was here for three weeks would even lay on top of me.

As you may remember, Fister’s own vet was away sick at the time, but when he came back, I didn’t hear a word from him, and I was very disappointed, because I had e-mailed him some questions. Then, about a month ago, he contacted me on FB and we are friends there, now. He said:

“.... to my horror were four old messages, including yours. I'm really sorry for not having read it at the time, even though it would not have changed anything. I believe the decision to give him peace was right. I had fallen and got a major concussion. It gave transient nausea, headaches and dizziness, but worst of all, I lost my sense of smell and taste. It has never returned :-( Hope you have recovered somewhat, although the loss was great. Fister was obviously much loved. Come by and say hello one day ...” I will.

Here are few of Fister’s latest pictures.

This one is from a month before I said goodbye to him.

From January 2013

Fister, I miss you very much and will keep you in heart forever.
    I hope you are giving John a lot of headbumpies at the RB.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Always loved and remembered, miss you Fister!
    I've Been Frosted

What beautiful pictures, Randi, and what a touching message from your vet. He was absolutely right: ".. the loss was great. Fister was obviously much loved." I'm glad the vet contacted you and let you know why he hadn't been in touch before.

Condolences to you on this sad anniversary, and may your precious memories help to bring you some comfort. Fister and you are together always.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

One of my favorite boys. We have an orangie that lives two houses down from us, and he reminds me of Fister. I hope one day you can open your heart and home to another kitty. Hugs to you today, Randi.

Fister looks very comfortable lying on his bed there. I do like how he keeps an eye on what you are doing with that camera at all times.
    He certainly was a special boy and we won't forget him.

Fister was one of a kind. I can't believe it is a year already.

How wonderful that your vet contacted you and that you are in touch with him. I hope he has a complete recovery.

Play at the Bridge, Fister. Your love lives on in the memories your mom has of you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you, eveyone! Johanna, see if you can get a picture of that boy down the road.

KK, I think Fister was sleeping there, he often slept with his eyes open. Perhaps a habit from his first year living in the yard, trying to keep an eye on what happened around him. Although he could be a tough boy, he was also a nervous cat, sometimes.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hugs to you on this day of remembrance.

I still miss Emily from time to time. They get under your skin. And in your heart.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

And now a year later Fister is one of the main Owesome Orange Angels, and he and Michael, and all of the many Orange Angels are helping their fellow Animal Angels acclimate to
    their new lives as Angels and show them the ropes when it comes to Hotels and Diners.
    Fister misses you so much Randi , and keep your senses open as Fister and Angel Companions will drop by to see you.
    Until we ae all reunited in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Such a special boy. {{hugs}}

((((HUGS)))), Randi.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hugs.....
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Fister was one of the kitties who was loved by all and everyone on Pet Talk- I also hope he will send to you the right kitty for you.

To me, the "firsts" are always so intolerably difficult: the first day, the first week, month, year. . . . They encompass all the other firsts - birthdays, anniversaries, holidays. It's not necessarily easier after the first year, but at least we can tell ourselves that we survived this day before, and we can do it again.

I never refer to what my departed furkid "was." Whatever s/he *was* on Earth, s/he still is at the Bridge. The love, the affection, the sense of humor - they're all still there. Here's a little tidbit that might validate that: My Merlin was one of those very special cats; we were bonded. However, he never thought of me as "mom"; I was simply "the woman" who kept the litterbox clean and the food dish full. I never, ever doubted his superiority to me; obviously, I was the less intelligent one in our relationship. On the second anniversary of his transition to the Bridge, I released a balloon from a mountaintop near my cabin in WV; as I was driving back to the cabin on a one-lane unpaved road, I had to stop to let *two turkeys* cross in front of me! The significance did not escape me: turkeys are the stereotype for "stupid," and it was Merlin's *two-year* anniversary at the Bridge. I smiled, knowing that his sense of humor is intact.

Think of Fister that way: just the same wonderful fellow he was on Earth he is now, only enhanced, at the Bridge. Rest assured that Fister is forever all he ever was, only better.

Lady-in-Waiting to HRH The PrinCESS Althea

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post

Think of Fister that way: just the same wonderful fellow he was on Earth he is now, only enhanced, at the Bridge. Rest assured that Fister is forever all he ever was, only better.

I love this idea. I must remember this for myself.

Randi, I don't think anyone here will ever forget Fister. He was,(and is) such a handsome boy. I'm glad you keep his picture in your profile. I would really
    miss seeing him in your posts. (((Hugs)))
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt