This is my first post on any blog ever....but am concerned about my GSP. He is 9 and about 3 years ago he exhibited manic behavior one evening....pacing around the room, licking the floor, licking the furniture. I immediately took him out and he starting eating grass....not just a little bit, but practically mowed the back yard. He later threw up and seemed back to normal. The next day we went to the vet and determined since it was an isolated incident, we would just watch to see if it happened again. A month went by before the next incident. Then another few weeks before the third incident. We have since gone 2 years with no episodes and the last two evenings in a row it has happened again. Since the grass in our area is not green, it doesn't seem to cause the throw up to happen as quickly or with as much volume of grass. When he is having one of these episodes, I talk to him quietly and encourage him that everything is OK, but he is frantic and eating grass rapidly. Usually lasts from 15 to 30 minutes. Anyone have a thought?