Thread: Fund-raising help - A&E's teeth!

Hybrid View

Fund-raising help - A&E's teeth!

Hey, so if you're following the other thread, you saw that Annie and Emma both had a bunch of teeth removed today, and the total went over what we had for them by $979.16. I don't object to covering part of that myself, but I'm hoping to raise some or most of it back. My hubby is unemployed at the moment and my retail income isn't exactly what it could be. -_-

I am so thankful for Noah'sMommy putting together the Cat Art thread, and I'll see if I can come up with some things around my house to sell here or on craigslist or wherever. I am also asking, if anyone has even a few dollars to spare, if you would for A&E. My paypal address is [email protected], and if you include your name and address I'll send a thank you card with a pawprint from Annie (I don't think Emma would cooperate with such a thing). Anyone else who has donated and wants a card with a pawprint, please send me a PM here or email me at that address.

I'm open to other fund-raising suggestions as well!!

I love all of you, thank you for the help and loving words for these two wonderful kitties.

-Cathy, Emma, and Annie

One thing you can do - It was done as a fundraiser in our town several years ago - is set up a penny jar at the store. (If you have a friend that will set one up at their shop or etc, so much the better!).

You want to collect 100,000 pennies which will add up to $1,000.00! (hope I did the math right on that). Most people won't mind getting rid of a few pennies and they can add up quickly.

(Get the penny rollers which are already round...much easier).

I'll send a bit to PayPal also.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty - the penny idea is excellent! Like you said, everyone is happy to get rid of their pennies.

1) Maybe you could make a few jars with a photo of the girls and small write-up. Then take them to any of the businesses, animal shelters, the vet office, schools, churches, local/family owned businesses, etc. I bet at least a few people would be OK with it. Catty is right, all we need is 100,000.

2) If we all on PT found all the pennies in our houses and cars and sent that amount via PayPal (depositing them into our accounts first, of course) to Cathy, it would add up. Or donate your current 'change bowl' to the cause. You know, that place you put all your change until you use it or cash it in.

3) I don't have kids, but maybe ask them to help w some fundraising project you could do together. A lemonade/cookie stand, washing cars or clearing sidewalks of snow. Something to earn some money to help.

4) Contact your local animals rescues and see if they have any fundraiser ideas that have worked for them. (And ask if you can leave a penny jar. )

5) Try this website: http://www.youcaring.com/fundraising-animals-pets
    It's a fundraising site where you set up a profile - creating a website for your cause - and people donate. With the sheer size of PT here and on FB (and then everyone's FB Friends we could pass this on to...) it really could reach a lot of people.

I'll keep brainstorming ideas. I like your Annie paw print idea, btw. Very cute!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Kelly, the one drawback to the penny idea is that the penny was abolished in Canada last year! But for a local idea I hope it works!

mrspunkysmom used GoFundMe for Sam's dental surgery. They do take a % but you can ask her how much that is. I know she was able to raise all she needed.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I love the penny jar idea, especially since we've done penny jars for Dogs for Diabetics before and each jar raised about $30 - $40 because people left more than just pennies in them! I'm poking around youcaring and go-fund-me right now. I also found a little treasure in Gini's bag of cat toys to post up tonight.

I set up a Youcaring page, please share on FB or email it around! I'll be doing the same! <3

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...ry-fund/132402