Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fund-raising help - A&E's teeth!

This evening I received a gift in the mail from Edwina's Secretary, thank you!!

We've raised $715 out of $979 in just a few days. 0.0 Wow. Just....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    This evening I received a gift in the mail from Edwina's Secretary, thank you!!

We've raised $715 out of $979 in just a few days. 0.0 Wow. Just....wow.
    that's amazing!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    that's amazing!
    Yes, Pet Talk people are the best!
    I've Been Frosted

Grace - Your gift arrived today, thank you!!

Grace - Your gift arrived today, thank you!!
    You're very welcome

PTers are such an amazing 'breed'! So kind and generous!

Cathy - I heard back from Mike and he's said he would like to donate as well. Isn't that great? I'm just waiting to hear back...we decided to give it a little time to see how Gini's art added up as well as the money being sent to you. To get a more accurate total and see what the numbers are. So, I'll report back to him now - we're at $715?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Woah, I hadn't expected any reply from Mike, I think Kelly has magical powers of charisma when talking to people!

We're at $765. Tomorrow I'll be running out of wet food so I'll pick up some more, plus I'm doing booster FVRCPs and deworming Sunday since Annie did have at least one flea. (probably picked it up at the store, but better safe than sorry with worms - eeeeew)

Two people who were interested in getting to know them better backed out today, I'm feeling a bit discouraged, especially since they're both getting pretty tired of being cooped up. This weekend I'm going to make their petfinder profile into a flier to post at other stores and coffee shops in the area. I've had good luck posting foster kitties at bust Starbucks before, go figure. ^_^

Cathy,

I'm so sorry those prospective homes didn't work out. You know, they just weren't meant to be. I know that doesn't help currently, but we have to keep the faith that the RIGHT home will come along for the girls at the perfect time. Maybe they need time to heal 100% and get even more comfy around other people. Posting up signs at Starbucks is an excellent idea! You may have already mentioned, but have any of your local rescue groups or vet allowed you to 'advertise' in their places too? If not, maybe they can also help?

What about posting a sign in your local senior center? Annie and Emma seem like they would be perfect for an older person or couple. What about your local rec center? Anywhere lots of people congregate…community pools, churches, parks, etc.

OK, so we're at $765, right? I'm composing an email to Mike right now and will let him know the total. I have a few questions:

1) How much do you normally spend on their food? How long does that amount (of money and food) last?
    2) Do you foresee any other vet/dental/vaccine bills in the near future? Or are they finally all set - until vaccine time next year/3 years?
    3) Other than food/litter, do you foresee any other ways they'll be needing money?

I've done some rough math and I figure that as soon as I send everyone's packages of Gini's Art, I'll be sending you (via PayPal) around $415 (this amount is donations [$470] less shipping supplies - boxes, tape and a lot of packing material so the art arrives safely). So this will get them out of a negative balance and leave them with $201. I'm not sure how long this will last.

I realized these figures will be off as you mentioned you needed more food, boosters and deworming/flea medication. But, at least you have this rough amount for the art to factor in.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you, Cathy! Thank you for all you're doing for Annie and Emma. You have a lot on your plate already, so taking this on I'm sure is A LOT of stress for you. (((((Cathy))))) I just know Gini is more appreciative that we can imagine. As Mike keeps telling me, you have a ton of "Animal Karma". (You totally do!)

And THANK YOU yet again to the angels here on PT. Wow!! I'll never, ever cease to be amazed by the kindness and generosity of spirit and resources here. If the world is looking for an example of how one should behave - they need to come to PT. I'm continually touched by the kind generosity I always find here.

WOWZA! I'm meeting with a potential adopter tonight, so I'll let you know what happens. She sounds like a sweetheart from our phone conversation, and I'm excited to meet her.

I *just* bought 48 cans of food (24 days, I'm giving them two a day plus a little kibble, and they're both slowly losing...they were down about half a poind when we last weighed them) for $64.73. I would normally have gotten cheaper cans, but I wanted the softest food possible while they're getting used to life with fewer teeth, so I got super soft Merrick grain free cans this time around. My Friskies rep also donated a case of Friskies senior cans, which they seem to like a lot.

With any luck, the lady I'm meeting tonight will be as sweet as she sounded on the phone and will love them. I'm headed out in a few minutes to get their FVRCP boosters and dewormer, and tomorrow is their final re-check with the vet to make sure their mouths are healing as planned.

Everyone's kindness has been totally overwhelming and I want to say thank you all again! I'm not too good with words, and everyone's warm wishes and generosity leaves me a little more speechless than usual.

The lady I'm meeting with this evening lives literally a few blocks away from me...I posted up a link to their petfinder page in my neighborhood on nextdoor.com, and I've gotten two very sweet replies from people there...I like the idea of using nextdoor because it's all people who live VERY close, and I like the idea of A&E being nearby.

That would be awfully fun! You will have to tell whoever adopts them that there are quite literally people all over the world who love those girls, and will be grateful to them!
    I've Been Frosted

So...that went really well!! Two ladies came by to visit, and sat with A&E for over an hour. Initially the store was still open and the girls were a little nervous to come out because of all of the customers and my noisy employees being hiper and loud. >.< Once the store cleared out, I turned off some of the lights and put on some music, and they both showed off their charms.

Annie came out right away, plopped onto a lap, and settled in like she'd always been there. Emma had to be picked up out of the condo and placed into a lap, but once she was there she sat stiffly for a few minutes....then decided she was ok, and made herself comfortable. She was even purring!

Tomorrow they have their final re-check for their teeth, and afterward I'll be bringing them to the house. They will be doing a slow introduction to their two current kitties (who have lived peacefully with other cats before!) and as long as that goes well, I think they're home!

We talked for a long time, about good cat foods and being conservative with vaccines, and kitties we've known over the years. It felt like a conversation with friends, and they live literally a few blocks from me!

So...that went really well!! Two ladies came by to visit, and sat with A&E for over an hour. Initially the store was still open and the girls were a little nervous to come out because of all of the customers and my noisy employees being hiper and loud. >.< Once the store cleared out, I turned off some of the lights and put on some music, and they both showed off their charms.

Annie came out right away, plopped onto a lap, and settled in like she'd always been there. Emma had to be picked up out of the condo and placed into a lap, but once she was there she sat stiffly for a few minutes....then decided she was ok, and made herself comfortable. She was even purring!

Tomorrow they have their final re-check for their teeth, and afterward I'll be bringing them to the house. They will be doing a slow introduction to their two current kitties (who have lived peacefully with other cats before!) and as long as that goes well, I think they're home!

We talked for a long time, about good cat foods and being conservative with vaccines, and kitties we've known over the years. It felt like a conversation with friends, and they live literally a few blocks from me!
    How exciting, this would be so good!
    I've Been Frosted

AWesome and prayers for a good fit.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

How did the vet visit go? Have you also heard back from the woman that came to meet the girls? I so excited you have been able to get the girls so much exposure! You rock!!

If you can, pls let me know about any further costs the vet recommends and the amount it costs to 'care for' the girls per month. Mike is waiting on these answers and I think he wants to get their account settled and back in track. So once they do find a home, they have what they need (for good, other than maintenance) and you've been fully paid back.

Please advise.