Thread: Hakou!

Hakou!

Hakou came from an accidental litter of puppies. She was born on a farm near my mother's house. My father give her to my mother who had lost her dog. As a puppy, Hakou was very submissive and lay on her back, even when we wanted to cuddle her. My mother did not know how to love her for what she was. She compared Hakou to her lost dog all the time.

For me at first, Hakou was simply "the family dog." I loved her but no more than anything else. Then one day, I had serious problems with my family and Hakou was there and brought me joy and chased my problems away from my mind. She licked each of my tears and comforted me in her own way. It is from this moment that I began to consider her "my dog" rather than the family dog. Then I wanted to go out and we started her canine education. And it was a revelation.

Hakou overflows with love. And the best part is that it is entirely for me! Today, she lives with me in my little apartment I live while I am working on my studies. We take long walks and our companionship grows every day. For me, Hakou is much more than just a dog: she is my partner, a friend for every day, and we are a team. She has her faults, and I have mine, I always want to move too fast with things, but I stand corrected with time. I know I'm going to live through more difficult things in my life, but one thing is for sure, I will never want a different dog. I know she will always be there for me, just like I'll always be there for her. Because Hakou is my dog. If she was not here, I would feel like I had nothing.
    Beautiful Hakou in France! You have helped your person through a difficult time, giving comfort, companionship and love. You have bonded in such a meaningful way. You share "together" time and go for walks. You share a loving, trust-filled home!

What a beautiful girl you are with your white and dark coat - I like the little spots on your nose, too! Your beautiful brown eyes - one look from you and I would be happy to do whatever you like! I would love to reach through my monitor to give you a big hug (((HUG)))! Since I can't, I hope your person will give you one (or many!) for me. You are your person's Dog of the Day -- every day! Happy Dog of the Day to you, wonderful Hakou!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Beautiful Hakou~

Hi Hakou! Happy Dog of the Day to you! What a beauty you are, Hakou, inside and out! Seeing the intensity in your brilliant, copper colored eyes as you look up to the sky is truly breathtaking! I was so touched by your human's love filled tribute to her/his best friend, the beautiful Hakou! As they say, "a lid for every pot," and while you were no doubt loved by your "family," it's clear you found your true soul in your person, and she/he in you! Your entry into this world may have been unplanned, but there's no doubting you were destined to be with your human! How blessed she/he is, having a partner, a teammate, a furry soul mate in you, Hakou! Through thick and thin, good times and bad, you're there for one another, and no one could ask for more from a best friend! Great thanks to your human for sharing your very moving love story and so many gorgeous photos with us! Meeting you has added some much welcomed warmth to my cold winter day! Enjoy your well earned day of honor, Hakou! I know your human will make sure it's an extra, EXTRA special one! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Hakou! ...

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello Hakou, congratulations on being named Dog of the Day!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

What a sweet, sensitive girl you are, and what stunning photos! Have a great day!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

You're a beauty Hakou!!! It sounds like you're very special to your human. Congrats on being DOTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla