Hakou came from an accidental litter of puppies. She was born on a farm near my mother's house. My father give her to my mother who had lost her dog. As a puppy, Hakou was very submissive and lay on her back, even when we wanted to cuddle her. My mother did not know how to love her for what she was. She compared Hakou to her lost dog all the time.

For me at first, Hakou was simply "the family dog." I loved her but no more than anything else. Then one day, I had serious problems with my family and Hakou was there and brought me joy and chased my problems away from my mind. She licked each of my tears and comforted me in her own way. It is from this moment that I began to consider her "my dog" rather than the family dog. Then I wanted to go out and we started her canine education. And it was a revelation.

Hakou overflows with love. And the best part is that it is entirely for me! Today, she lives with me in my little apartment I live while I am working on my studies. We take long walks and our companionship grows every day. For me, Hakou is much more than just a dog: she is my partner, a friend for every day, and we are a team. She has her faults, and I have mine, I always want to move too fast with things, but I stand corrected with time. I know I'm going to live through more difficult things in my life, but one thing is for sure, I will never want a different dog. I know she will always be there for me, just like I'll always be there for her. Because Hakou is my dog. If she was not here, I would feel like I had nothing.
Beautiful Hakou in France! You have helped your person through a difficult time, giving comfort, companionship and love. You have bonded in such a meaningful way. You share "together" time and go for walks. You share a loving, trust-filled home!

What a beautiful girl you are with your white and dark coat - I like the little spots on your nose, too! Your beautiful brown eyes - one look from you and I would be happy to do whatever you like! I would love to reach through my monitor to give you a big hug (((HUG)))! Since I can't, I hope your person will give you one (or many!) for me. You are your person's Dog of the Day -- every day! Happy Dog of the Day to you, wonderful Hakou!