Thread: American Idol New Season

Hybrid View

American Idol New Season

Is anyone watching the new season? What d you think of Harry Connick Jr. as a judge? I do love that he is musically articulate, and not above some self-deprecating humor!

Anyone have any favorites yet?
    I've Been Frosted

I knew I'd like this panel of judges. I wasn't let down!

My favorite has to be a local girl that tried out last season and was cut in Vegas (I think). Her name is Brianna Oakley from Antioch, CA.
    We actually saw her perform about 5 or 6 years ago at an event hosted by the shelter I volunteer with. She was about 11 years old. And at that time I said.....that girl better try out for Idol in about 5 years!
    I am good at remembering names and made sure to remember hers.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

So is anyone else watching this season? What do you think?
    I've Been Frosted

I really like this judging panel, possibly even better than the original. It should be a good season. No favorites yet, since it is so early.

I do so find HCJr so much more articulate than Randy or Simon Cowell! And no one had said "pitchy" yet! That always grated on my nerves. It's "off-pitch" folks, is that so hard to say? Okay "Off key!"
    I've Been Frosted

I haven't been a fan of AI for a few years now. I do however watch it when there is absolutely nothing else on Last year was total mess with Mariah and that other one who I can't remember her name, suffice to say I didn't care for her much at all. Love Mariah tho.

Harry does seem to be more serious then the rest and he is strict too, I like that about him. Jo Lo is a terrible judge and just a little fluff on the panel. She cannot judge singers since she can't sing herself or act either. I never liked her and is one of the reasons I don't watch much.

Urban is adorable tho, just love his accent.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

I love all three judges,i am a big fan of Jlo, harry is awesome and i LOVE LOVE keith, You know he was born in NZ., he is so cool and down to earth.Redbird come on down under you will hear many accents just like his, i think he is a mixture of kiwi and aussie, the aussies have claimed him now, but he came from here originally..

I will be missing idol as it is on a channel i cannot tape and watch other programmes, we have yet to get a system that does both, they cost too much, so i am a bit gutted as i love IDOL.,so i will just watch what i can.
    Last edited by carole; 01-27-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️