Thread: Remembering Douchka with Love

Remembering Douchka with Love

We loved reading about gorgeous, photogenic Douchka ~ she certainly deserves to be COTD! What a lucky, lucky kitty to find such a loving forever home for 16 years!!! (Wish all homeless pets could be that lucky!) If Douchka could, she would post a message here saying "THANK YOU for 16 years of LOVE and FUN!" Douchka will never be forgotten!! XOXOXOXO http://www.guineapigsrfun.net (rescues)

Dearest Douchka Angel, what an utterly beautiful cat you are, with your two-tone tabby-patterned fur and your sweet face with the pale green eyes looking out with so much love. If I could, I would reach all the way to the Rainbow Bridge to pet you and caress your chin, but I know the other Angels are doing so for me.

How wise of you to have chosen that wonderful Furrrever family so many years ago, and what a delightful 16 years you and they shared. (And I agree completely with CavyMom and also wish all homeless pets could be that lucky!)

What a lovely tribute your family member has written to you and about you. He/she and the whole family cherish their time with you so very much. They gave you "good food, lots of caresses and everything a cat could wish for." Love is eternal, and you are together always. Now you are a glorious Angel, awaiting the grand reunion to come, One Fine Day..

Congratulations, darling Douchka, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your whole family and all your friends both earthly and angelic of all species are enjoying a delightful day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite treats including angelic tuna.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Douchka, you look stunning! I love your dark stripes and different colours beneath them.

You are and were very very loved your whole life. Celebrate at the Bridge today! Congratulations on being Cat of the Day.

To Douchka's family - what a warm tribute to your little bush baby. My condolences to you. I wish you smiles today at happy memories of Douchka.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries
    I have to really second what CavyMom said. What a beautiful cat! I'm sure Douchka had the best, loving home and a very good, long life. So sorry for your loss. I loved seeing the beautiful photos of this very special COTD!

You are truly a gorgeous Cat Douchka , and we know that you were quite a fortunate Cat to meet a family who fell in love with you and treated you with kindness , and made you their Cat Companion.

You are such a wonderfully colored Cat , a shade of so many colors. I did not know that you are a two toned Tabby, now I know what to Call my Terrance Jeffrey also an ex stray who resembles you quite a bit.

We know that you are wonderful with Our Awesome Angel Army welcoming the stray Animals with kindness and love, and we all are sending our heart felt MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWS To Our Dear Angelic New Cat of the Day Darling Douchka.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Angel Douchka~

To the family of dear Douchka...Thank you so very much for sharing your beloved angel girl with us, giving us the chance to honor her, and all that she means to you. What a stunning beauty she was, and how well you have captured not only her physical beauty, but her gentle spirit as well, in your exquisite photos. What a wise girl she was, choosing your family to be her forever family. Tuna works wonders in helping to lure a hungry kitty to safety. But no doubt it was far more than a tasty meal that sealed the deal for her. It was her knowing, instinctively, that there with you she would be loved and cared for, all the days of her life. And the rest, as you say, is history, happy history. How blessed she was to have had a family so loving, and how blessed were you, having known the unconditional love and devoted companionship of a girl as special as Douchka those many years. But of course for we humans however long our time together it is never long enough, and so I send my heartfelt condolences on your great loss. But I hope seeing her being honored here today puts a smile on your face, and the knowledge that one day you all will be reunited, brings you comfort. And Douchka, sweet angel girl, send down your love to your family...they miss you so very much.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Your beloved kittycat

I am so sorry that you lost such an important member of your family and assure you that all of us feel your sadness as we have loved and lost as well. I hope you have opened your heart and your home to another cat - especially after noticing that you live in Montreal, where I am. We have sooo many homeless cats, as you probably know. Another thing to keep in mind is that many cats have been poisoned by neighbors (or victims of other types of abuse) in Montreal so maybe you could consider keeping your cats indoors like I do. I can promise you that my cats are very happy and don't even try to go outside (unless I take them on a leash). I wish you peace and hope you will pay tribute to your Douchka by saving one of her brothers or sisters.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

We loved reading the story of how dear Douchka came to your family and how you spent 16 wonderful years together. What a blessing. She was truly a beautiful girl and most deserving of being COTD. We're sorry for your loss, but know that she is looking down with love from the Rainbow Bridge and knows how much you love and miss her. You'll be together again someday.