I didn't get to say goodbye. Nobody did. I just hope it was fast, and you didn't lay there for hours after you got hit, all alone and dying.

Condie belonged to my boss. She was a Shetland Sheepdog/Lab mix. She was so smart, but also very independent. She lived in the office with a black lab named Minnie, but when left out to potty she would sometimes wander across the road, where we would see her and go call her back. When she was younger she chased cars, and got hit 2 or 3 times, but she always survived it. She also survived two surgeries to fix the tendons in the back of her hind legs, and pancreatitis. She was either 6 or 7, I don't remember, but she acted young. She hated strangers, but once she got to know me, she loved me. My boss was really busy, so occasionally I volunteered to take Condie and Minnie home for baths. And when my boss had to go away, she had me come let them out for potty breaks. I don't work there anymore, but I stop in often just to say hi, and Condie was always so glad to see me.

I found out this morning that Condie wandered a little further from the office than usual Monday night, and never came home. They found her by the side of the highway.

So here's my goodbye, sweetheart! I love you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5128.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	57773

Name:	IMG_5129.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	57774

Name:	DSCF2958.JPG