Thread: Star (former Pet of the Day) and Sammy

Star (former Pet of the Day) and Sammy

I received this from Star's owner, she is too young to be a Pet Talk member, but asked that I post this for her.

Today my two sweet little parakeets, Star and Sammy passed away. 2 hours ago I did not ever think I would be typing this. Sadly it was my own cat who took there lives. While we were gone she somehow got into my room, tipped over there cage and I guess the door came open. When we came home they were dead. I am crying as I write this. They were so sweet and loving. Only about a year old. I don't know what I will do without them. I just hope they didn't feel too much pain. No pet deserves to die that way. Felling so bad. Though I know it isn't really the cat's fault, she needs a new home. We will probably give her to my Grandpa. I will miss you forever Star and Sammy and I will never forget you!
    Star was POTD October 11 2012
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry...

Oh no. How tragic, heartbreaking on so many levels. I remember Star well, as I too have a pet named Star, and Star the Budgie lived in the same IL town as a dear friend of mine. My heart breaks for this caring, young person, and I cry along with her/him. My most sincere condolences to Star and Sammy's guardian. Hopefully sometime down the road you will be able to welcome another pair of Budgies into your life. You have so much love to share. Big (((hugs))) to Star and Sammy's human.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh dear!

Such a sad day for you sweetheart! I remember coming home and our cat had done the same to my brother's mouse. It's a sad thing. Prayinf for Star and Sammy to find a wonderful nest over the Rainbow Bridge.

Sending you massive hugs kiddo!
    Seeking out new treats and going where no ratty has gone before,

Ratterprise Command.
    Dumbledore ~ Senior Recycling Technician, Nellie ~ Extreme Exploration Expert, Dax ~ Nutritional Supplement Inspector, Kira ~ Small Excavations Supervisor, T'Pol ~ Caution Advisor , Guinan ~ Junior Uniform Inspector, Icheb ~ Security Officer, Janeway ~ Away Team Supervisor, Tiberius ~ Heat Therapist

I'm so sorry for your loss! Star and Sammy knew they were loved!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers