View Poll Results: How does your dog feel about rain?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is oblivious - acts the same rain or no

5 38.46%
  • Loves it, enjoys puddles, mud

1 7.69%
  • Hates it - will refuse to leave the porch/house to potty until desperate

5 38.46%
  • Inconsistent - sometimes reacts, sometimes not

1 7.69%
  • Loves water in any form

1 7.69%
  • Other - explain ...

3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain and your dog

Rain and your dog

Another rainy, downpour kinda day here in the Boston area - a bout of April weather in January, and it got me thinking -
    How does your dog feel about rain? I'll make this a poll, but remembering past dogs, some where oblivious, some adored it (as in rain = mud = way fun) and some absolutely thought it was evil and could dissolve delicate little Great Dane princesses ....
    I've Been Frosted

I allowed multiple choice, for those of you with multiple dogs ...

I'd count Sheba, the Shepherd/Doberman first dog in my life, as indifferent - she had her jobs to do, rounds to make, children to supervise, the weather didn't matter!

Gracie the Great Dame mix, of course, is the one I referred to in the initial post - she would get to the point where she had to piddle so badly she was dancing in place on the covered part of the porch before she could not hold it any longer, would make a mad dash out and across the driveway, and piddle on the first bit of grass her paws touched and dash back to "safety" ... silly girl was 1/4 Lab but obviously those genes didn't reach the brain when it came to water!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    and some absolutely thought it was evil and could dissolve delicate little Great Dane princesses ....
    Lol

Lolli doesn't really react...if anything she gets sillier. She loves to be wet and thinks she needs to share the wetness with every human who comes her way! Most humans do not appreciate it!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Ha ha, what a difference in these two dogs.

Are you gonna make one for cats, too?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Ha ha, what a difference in these two dogs.

Are you gonna make one for cats, too?
    Do you think I should? You can! I don't have any personal cats versus rain experience!
    I've Been Frosted

Towser is pretty indifferent to the rain, thankfully. I remember trying to get RB Ethan to go potty when it was raining was next to impossible. It usually ended up with me getting soaked from holding an umbrella over that poor dog as he wandered about.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Jasper doesn't like the rain, but will go out in it. He knows to come sit on the porch and wait for me to dry the paws, too. Only stops and sits after a trip in the rain, normally he runs right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Jasper doesn't like the rain, but will go out in it. He knows to come sit on the porch and wait for me to dry the paws, too. Only stops and sits after a trip in the rain, normally he runs right in.
    Wow, what a good boy he is!
    I've Been Frosted

Jake isn't bothered much by the rain. Layla acts like she's gonna melt.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Both of mine don't care about the rain. They do know (most of the time) to stop at the door to get their paws dried off.

My brother had a dog that would hold it FOREVER to avoid going out in the rain.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Angel doesn't mind getting wet, the muck and spray she kicks up onto herself when out on a muddy day doesn't bother her in the least. (It is, however rather unpleasant whenseh decides to curl up with me to get warm!)

Rain falling on her, however, is BAD.

Despite her dislike of rain, however, umbrellas are worse.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

You know, it occurred to me today, it is likely her fear of umbrella stems from her time as a stray, I bet somebody shook one at her or hit her with one, or on a windy Binghamton day, someone lost one, and it "chased" Miss Angel - so that fear, I can understand.
    I've Been Frosted

My dog reacts very childish when he is exposed to rain. I think he enjoys to be wet in light shower. He likes to jerk his wet furs on me, might be it is his way to show his affection for me.
    Last edited by jessewills; 02-03-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Zane will go out if it is sprinkling lightly, but not heavy rain.
    Abby and Deputy seem to not mind.

I used to train a Greyhound that would refuse to get off her bed if she could hear rain on the roof - kennel kept dog, would never soil inside - her record was only getting off her bed to eat, not going out, not weeing or pooping for four and half days! We even carried her outside twice a day to let her go to the loo and she remained in the curled up, nose under tail position when put on the wet ground! Simply stayed where she was until lifted back inside her kennel where she would shake herself dry, have a drink and then jump back up to her bed and snuggle back into the straw until the next time we forced her to move!