Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinot's emotionally tragic day :(

Pinot's emotionally tragic day :(

I have tragic news to report. As some of you know, our Pinot has, since the day she came to us, had a very special friend named Mousie. Pinot would carry Mousie everywhere, Mousie would be sent down the slide of the stair chair, would be given as a present to Mom and Dad, and would be brought to bed with all of us on occasion. They had very special conversations where Pinot made meowles with Mousie in her mouth and, it can only be assumed, Mousie answered back. It was during one of those sessions today that tragedy struck.

Pinot was talking to Mousie, carrying her around, and sent Mousie down the slide of the stair chair. The chair, although usually at the top of the stairs, was at the bottom. Mousie got too fouled in the gears. Dad tried and tried but couldn't save Mousie; she's too damaged (she was VERY fragile) and covered in heavy grease. We cannot bring Mousie back.

Pinot is in deep mourning and just keeps staring at the chair trying to will her best friend back to life.
    Last edited by Pinot's Mom; 11-21-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Pinot, I am so sorry to read of your tragic day! Mousie spent many years living and playing with you and now it is time for Mousie to move on.

I am sending you some chin rubs to help you feel better, Pinot!

Poor Mousie. Poor Pinot.

Play hard at the Bridge, Mousie. You will meet your Pinot again, One Fine Day.

Poor Pinot

Perhaps a new mousie will show at your doorstep looking for a Pinot. Lots of kisses and headbumps.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oh, Pinot, you have our sympathy.

Hmm, there's a Rainbow Bridge for our pets, maybe there's a calico bridge for their loved toys?
    I've Been Frosted

Well, now that my heart has stopped racing, I am so sorry about
    Mousie. I would suggest duct tape, that helps mend so much for me.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

If you can PM us ,Pinot's Mom we would be glad to send an Animal Welfare Association Mouse.
    It may in some way take Mousie's place.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Poor Pinot

Perhaps a new mousie will show at your doorstep looking for a Pinot. Lots of kisses and headbumps.
    I agree even though I know that the original mousie can never really be replaced. I was almost too scared to read this thread because I thought that something tragic had happened to Pinot. Whew what a relief.

Mousie

I AM VERY SORRY TO READ ABOUT THIS TRAGEDY. MY WISH FOR YOU IS THAT GRADUALLY THE PAIN WILL EASE AND YOU WILL REMEMBER YOUR TIME ROGETHER IN A HAPPIER WAY. BLESS YOU SUSANSWATLIN518

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I agree even though I know that the original mousie can never really be replaced. I was almost too scared to read this thread because I thought that something tragic had happened to Pinot. Whew what a relief.

Me too, my heart dropped when I saw this thread. Pinot, I hope you will have a new best mousey soon !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

There is no way she can ever replace her faithful, long time friend that has always been there. Maybe, someday, there will be a mousie in bad need of a kitty companion knock on your door.. and that mousie help relieve some of your pain..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

At first I was afraid to look at this post for fear that something happened to our sweet Pinot.

Pinot, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your best friend, Mousie. Maybe soon another new mousie will come to you looking for a good home and a nice friend like you to have lots of fun with.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

First of all: pheeew!! I thought something happened to sweet Pinot, thank God she's fine... but I'm so so sorry for little Mousie

--
    Love and kisses Pinot, I know a friend like mousie can never be replaced, but I hope you find a new friend soon to help you ease the pain and have fun with
    astrid

I'm sorry I scared everyone. I changed the name of the thread to hopefully lessen the impact.

We have tried periodically to introduce other mousies because we knew 'original' mousie would not last forever, but Pinot has never been interested. I hope with the rest of you we can find a suitable new best friend.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Dearest Pinot, We are SO sorry for your lose. I know what a mousie means to you. But I promise your meowmie is hot on the trail of a new mousie. My meowmies friend got me a good new one that chips. I'll be glad to send you one. Please PM my meowmie and she'll find out where it came from an send you one. Remember the kitty code. Keep calm and carry on. We shall be sending you a new bestest friend soon.
    Yours in felinese,
    Calvin