Thread: Need Advice Quickly for Miss JoJo Louise

Need Advice Quickly for Miss JoJo Louise

My cat, Miss JoJo Louise, has been diagnosed with kidney disease. She is taking a few medications and I've changed her food to a kidney related diet. I have started giving her the fluids every 3 days.

However, in the past 2 weeks, she has stopped pooping. I brought her to the vet last week and they gave her an enema and she pooped. I repeated the process this week and she pooped. But only after receiving the enema. She has not pooped since.

I don't know what to do. She is eating and drinking, sleeping and peeing.

The vet has given me another medication to try. But after that, they said there is nothing else they can do. And they said it's nearing the end.

I've been down this path before but it's harder this time because other than the pooping issue, she seems okay.

Has anyone experienced something like this? Do you have any suggestions?

Should I just let her go? I know it's an individual decision. I've made them many times. But this one just seems harder than the rest.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

HUGS to you and Jojo. Get some dry Metamucil and sprinkle some on her wet food - kind of like parmesan cheese, a light sprinkle. There is also a Petmalt gel available from the vet that you can smear on a paw and they lick it off.

I hope Jojo has more time with you yet.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you for the suggestion. I sprinkle something like that on her food (I mix it in). I think it's called Murlax (or something like that). I will look into the Petmalt. Thanks again.

Does she seem uncomfortable, or is she trying to poop?
    I've Been Frosted

I've seen her try to poop but nothing comes out.

The sub-Q fluids should be doing the trick. Try giving her some canned pumpkin.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you. I think I will give her the fluids everyday from now on (the vet mentioned that). Right now it's every 3 days. I used pumpkin but nothing came out. It just kills me because she's acting normal. She was punching my face this morning like she always does because she wanted me to feed her.

Thanks again.

JoJo pooped!

Isn;t it a sign of something that you were excited to post that, and we are glad to read it? :0 Good job, JoJo!
    I've Been Frosted

Hooray for pooping! Way to go, JoJo!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Congratulations, Miss JoJo Louise! Well done!!!!!

Keep up the good work, Miss JoJo and ElizabethAnn!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You need to use the pumpkin regularly to keep things "moving". The other option used frequently in cats is a prescription laxative called Lactulose. It isn't very expensive and comes in a liquid, but it is certainly effective (for both humans and animals )